H55 and the Next Aviation Revolution
H55 has now successfully flown its next electric airplane, a flight trainer dedicated to pilot schools. H55 is a spin off from Solar Impulse, the first airplane to fly day and night with unlimited endurance, having completed the historical 42’000KM around the world journey in an electric airplane.
H55 develops client-based solutions around electric propulsion and future electric VTOL transportation solutions. The company focuses on the entire propulsion chain starting from the energy source and its management, right through thrust and power, as well as pilot interface and all control systems. Leveraging the potential of electric propulsion in the world of aviation, H55 is making air transport cleaner, quieter, safer and more affordable.
At H55, you will work with a very forward-looking team who are changing the way people travel. H55 is composed of highly experienced engineers, entrepreneurs and managers and is seeking like mind talented professionals who understand how to couple creativity and innovation with technical and business considerations.
As the Power Electronics Engineer you will be responsible for several key programs, reporting directly to the CTO / Head of Electric Propulsion Systems.
Your main responsabilities will be:
- Thorough project requirements definition
- Leading and coordinating power electronics development
- Managing project interface
- Coordinate and participate in the development of power electronics (motor controller, DCDC convertor,
active rectifiers, …)
- Prototyping testing
- Maintaining detailed and meticulous documentation throughout entire process
- Oversee and manage projects related to brushless electric motors
- Build and maintain viable technical relationships with key suppliers and development partners
- Experience in design, prototyping, and industrialization of power electronics systems
- Proven track record in high voltage motor controller development
- Familiarity and know-how in certification processes, seen favorably
- Education: Engineering degree in electric systems or electronics
- 7-12 years of professional experience
- Demonstrated ability to follow through and bring projects to its completion
- Target-oriented, with analytical problem-solving capabilities
- Well organized including ability to properly document
- Capacity to prioritize, manage time effectively and multi-task
- Fluency in English, French an asset
- Work Location: Sion, Switzerland (possibility to discuss contribution to re-locating expenses)
- Entry Date: as soon as possible
- Only qualified applications will be considered
- No recruitment agencies, please