Global Program Head, biosimilars
Back to Previous Page
Job ID291985BRPosition TitleGlobal Program Head, biosimilarsApply to Job
1996! In this year Sandoz initiated the world’s first biosimilar development program. Over 20 years of experience in biosimilar development have equipped us with extensive knowledge and world-class expertise and capabilities in the development, manufacturing and commercialization of biosimilar medicines to the healthcare community and patients worldwide. This opportunity is waiting for you to contribute to Sandoz success story in the area of biosimilar toward the future, at the same time it becomes also the right step up in your career within clinical development!
As our Global Program Head, you will have final accountability for the innovation, strategy, operations, and related development deliverables for a biosimilar program. The predominant function of the role is to lead a multidisciplinary team of senior functional experts focused on securing global regulatory approval, market access and optimized commercial value of the program/portfolio while ensuring this is achieved with a high quality, full compliance (internal and external, e.g. regulatory, requirements) within budget and in a competitive and timely manner, utilizing both the internal or other identified expert resources necessary for success. When the program is conducted by a partner, the predominant function of the role is to collaborate with the partner’s program leader ensuring similar objectives are achieved and Sandoz is adequately informed about program challenges and progresses and in a position to provide input.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Establish short and long-range project vision and strategy and ensure alignment cross-global functions in regards to strategy and direction of the program
• Leverage knowledge, experience, understanding of external stakeholders, internal team capabilities and portfolio needs to develop a compelling, innovative vision and strategy for the program. Maintain a close collaboration with groups outside of Development including Marketing, Market Access and BTDM/NTO
• Establish program strategy and execute implementation through milestones and decision points by leveraging cross-functional teams
• Anticipate internal and external drivers of changes to strategy, and respond by making well-judged and rapid revisions to program
• Interact with BU Development Leadership Team, Innovation Board as well as with GDD, DCN and IMB and other management boards to secure internal stakeholder buy in to vision and strategy
• Develop and maintain a key communication strategy for investor relations internal and external communications. Drive project operations to achieve outstanding performance
• Communicate clear strategy to cross-functional program team and functions, and ensure that strategy is reflected in the operation. Set, implement and measure realistic goals for the GPT and ensure rigorous adherence to quality and compliance
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Doctoral degree or equivalent (PhD, MD, PharmD)
• Minimum 5 years of drug development experience, including experience in cross-functional Global Program Teams and with dossier submission for new or supplemental indication
• Experience in product registration and major Health Authority interactions
Why consider Sandoz?
Our number 1 priority is to pioneer patient access to better healthcare. We are a company of firsts. 1st to develop an oral penicillin antibiotic. 1st to develop and launch biosimilars. 1st to launch an FDA-cleared digital therapeutic. And we never stop asking: how can we continue to pioneer access in an ever-more digital and global world?
The answers come when curious, courageous and collaborative people are empowered to ask new questions, make bold decisions and take smart risks.
Sandoz, a Novartis division, is a leader in generic and biosimilar medicines and a pioneer in digital therapeutics.
Imagine what you could do at Sandoz!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Sandoz, a Novartis company, embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Group Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/networkDivisionSANDOZBusiness UnitBioPharma SZLocationSwitzerlandSiteBaselCompany/Legal EntitySandoz AGFunctional AreaResearch & DevelopmentJob TypeFull TimeEmployment TypeRegularShift WorkNo
Apply to Job
Access Job Account
- Jump to Comments