91 jobs in Bellevue
Project Assistant 100%
The World Council of Churches (WCC) is a fellowship of churches founded in 1948. It brings together 350 member churches from all over the world, including Orthodox, Anglican, Baptist, Lutheran and Reformed denominations, to promote Christian unity in faith, witness and service for a just and peaceful world.
The headquarters of the WCC is at the Ecumenical Centre, Geneva, a unique space for its member churches, and from which is coordinated the programmes and activities conducted together with the member churches and ecumenical partners.
The WCC is looking for a Project Assistant at 100%. The selected candidate will share his/her working time over several activities: interreligious dialogue and cooperation (50%), overcoming racism and xenophobia (25%), and Faith and Order (25%). Reporting to three managers, the Project Assistant will assist and provide support on administrative and finances tasks and will contribute on different projects.
Project Assistant 100%
Starting date: as soon as possible
Reporting to: Programme Managers
Objectives: To enable the work of the programmes by handling project administration and finances as well as contributing to project communication, content, planning and reporting.
• Cooperating in general administration of all matters and correspondence related to the work of the project, and to other projects of the same programme, according to needs.
• Assisting in organizing travels and facilitating visa procedures.
• Collaborating in the organization (administrative content and logistical tasks) of meetings and conferences.
• Undertaking the programmatic/administrative tasks necessary for the functioning of the programme, including payments, invoices, preparation of budgets and reporting on budgets in cooperation with WCC finance department and programme staff.
• Producing correspondence in different languages, including correspondence with project applicants, transfer of grants and follow-up on them.
• Collaborating in the production and dissemination of the projects’ activity reports, etc. • Welcoming visitors and sharing information about the projects’ activities.
• Maintaining and updating address lists for the database.
• Cooperating in the maintenance of ecumenical memory (organizing, filing and archiving information).
• Participating in the programme meetings and contributing to the overall work of the programme, also undertaking other duties as determined by the programme director.
• Assisting other programmes or sectors on council-wide events when needed and as determined by the general secretary.
Qualifications & special requirements
• At least three years’ of proven administration experience if possible in an international NGO setting.
• Traineeship with a federal proficiency certificate (CFC), Advanced professional training (Brevet Fédéral), University Degree (Bachelor), in relevant fields.
Competencies and other requirements
• Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to prioritize.
• Planning and problem-solving skills.
• Experience with programme budgeting and monitoring, with grants management (in particular budgeting and reporting).
• A first experience in a faith-based organisation is most welcome.
• Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
• Take initiative and work both autonomously and collaboratively in a flexible and collegial way, with respect to confessional and cultural diversity.
• Write in a concise manner and provide editorial assistance as applicable.
• Excellent command of English and another WCC language (French, German, or Spanish).
• Use Computers with in depth knowledge of MS pack office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint).
Deadline for applications: 15 April 2021
Apply for this position by clicking on the above link.
About human resources at the WCC: The WCC is an equal opportunity employer. The sole criteria for recruitment, training and career opportunities are qualification, skills, experience and performance to all its staff members.