27 Java developer jobs in Bern
Senior DevOps Engineer
Senior DevOps Engineer
Worldline [Euronext: WLN] is the European leader in the payments and transactional services industry and #4 player worldwide. With its global reach and its commitment to innovation, Worldline is the technology partner of choice for merchants, banks and third-party acquirers as well as public transport operators, government agencies and industrial companies in all sectors. Powered by over 20,000 employees in more than 50 countries, Worldline provides its clients with sustainable, trusted and secure solutions across the payment value chain, fostering their business growth wherever they are. Services offered by Worldline in the areas of Merchant Services; Terminals, Solutions & Services; Financial Services and Mobility & e-Transactional Services include domestic and cross-border commercial acquiring, both in-store and online, highly-secure payment transaction processing, a broad portfolio of payment terminals as well as e-ticketing and digital services in the industrial environment. In 2019 Worldline generated a proforma revenue of 5.3 billion euros.
Who we are:
- We are a committed Agile DevOps team which is fully and autonomously responsible for our applications from code to production.
- We are a highly motivated multi-location and multi-lingual cross functional team with both Cobol and Java applications.
- We are part of the Frontoffice department that is responsible for the design, development and processing of the real-time payment applications of SIX Payment Services Worldline.
- Our services do not know such a thing as downtime, high availability is in our blood.
- We work on services under high constraints (speed, high availability, integrity, robustness, quality, …)
- We belong to Worldline, one of the largest payment providers in the world.
Our day-to-day responsibilities include:
- We build, run and maintain the applications and services that take care of the card issuing needs of our customers; the Swiss and Austrian banks, aka approx. 20 million cards.
- We implement new features and follow the latest business market evolutions.
- We take ownership of our business 24/7, and when necessary of productive problems and releases.
- We always improve on our continuous delivery pipeline as well as on our deployment infrastructure and our internal processes.
Skills we can’t do without:
- A proactive, resourceful, experienced computer science engineer with a proven track record in Cobol, HP NonStop, SQL and Java (in the order of preference).
- Most importantly, a good teammate, believer in Agile.
- A lead developer, who is also not afraid to operate or test applications.
- Willing to take application ownership, work under high pressure and production constraints. Will be eventually be on-call for production support about a week every few months.
- Willing to learn a great deal and broaden horizons, not only technically but also in the Card Management and payments business.
- Proficiency in English and German is a must (written and spoken).
Skills we’d like:
- French is an appreciated plus.
- Knowledge in Git, Maven, Jenkins is very useful.
In addition to joining a global leader in digital transformation, you can also expect an excellent range of benefits.
What’s more, we really value Innovation, Cooperation, Excellence and Empowerment. These values are reflected on our daily work. This is the core of our organization. At Worldline our top priority is to engage, encourage and develop you to help you improve your potential. In fact, we have comprehensive training and development programs in place demonstrating our dedication to developing your career.
Our success comes from strong skills, new insights, diverse points of view and the energy of all women and men from Worldline. Not only do they represent the Heart and Face of our company, they are also key players in our success. We make leading our talents a major asset in the success of our business.
Worldline is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Job Segment: Application Developer, Mainframe, Engineer, Computer Science, Java, Technology, Engineering