Head of ICT 100% - indefinite contract, based in Geneva
Geneva Centre for Security PolicyGeneva
Publication date:12 July 2022
Place of work:chemin Eugène-Rigot 2D, 1202 Geneva
JOIN US ON A TRANSFORMATIONAL JOURNEY, TO CREATE A SAFER WORLD!
The Geneva Centre for Security Policy (GCSP) is an international foundation that supports peace, security and international cooperation. Established by the Swiss Confederation in 1995, the Centre is a leading executive education centre, a platform for high level diplomatic dialogues on critical international issues and an incubator for innovative projects. The foundation board is comprised of 52 States and the Canton of Geneva.With our principles of impartiality, independence and inclusiveness, we foster strategic, innovative and critical thinking in all our activities.
At GCSP we pride ourselves on our multinational team of experts as well as an ever-growing alumni community of over 9000 international professionals with global influence.
Do you share our values and commitments? Are you interested in joining our highly motivated and dedicated team of 80 persons? If you are entrepreneurial, results-driven and a team player who is dedicated to making our stakeholders live an unforgettable experience, you may be our future:
Head of ICT
As Head of ICT, you will need to be a self-starter with a positive, can-do attitude, the ability to work to tight deadlines and balance your workload. To be successful as the Head of ICT, you should have an excellent technical aptitude, as well as superior project and people management skills. You will be responsible for managing a team of 6 IT professionals, liaising with other departments as well as the Centre’s sister institutions Geneva International Centre for Humanitarian Demining (GICHD) and Geneva Centre for Security Sector Governance (DCAF) that represent more than 500 users.
More specifically the following responsibilities will be part of the position:
MAIN ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
ICT services Management
- Oversees the work of the ICT team and ensures the provision of ICT services, as detailed in the GCSP ICT Service Catalogue, but not limited to:
- ensures the provision of devices, software packages for clients and associated license management, and provision of first, second and third level user support for clients.
- ensures the development, planning, and execution of ICT related projects for GCSP, GICHD and DCAF,
- ensures the smooth day-to-day execution and successful provision of the ICT Team’s services,
- Design and implement ICT strategies and infrastructure, as well as analysis of business requirements of the centres for ICT needs and systems.
- Identifies and eliminates security risks; systematically integrates security objectives into operations and processes.
- Undertakes other special initiatives consistent with this position.
- Oversees the appropriate allocation and use of resources, including financial and human resources. Specifically, develops and manages the ICT Team’s budget, monitors expenditure and the re-allocation of resources as required.
- Provide strategic direction and guidance to the ICT Team, encompassing strategies for all aspects of the ICT Team’s services and ensuring the ICT Team provides expertise and services that contribute to broadening the impact of GCSP, GICHD and DCAF.
- Supervises and leads the ICT Team, provides direction and support as required.
- Coordinates and chairs the ICT Steering Group and maintains relations with the sister institutions contacts.
Essential for the role
- A post-graduate degree in Computer Sciences, Information Technology, Technology or related field, or relevant vocational qualifications
- A minimum of 8-12 years of relevant functional experience acquired in either public or private sectors, international organisations, NGOs or non-governmental organisations
- Strong knowledge of project management principles
- Excellent understanding of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and telecommunications systems
- Good understanding of Cyber Security, legal compliance and data protection
- Proven experience in leading effectively a multicultural team and setting clear team priorities
- Experience in managing multi- stakeholders across the organisation
- Hands-on attitude, demonstrating both strategic and operational skills
- Pragmatic and results oriented
- Excellent leadership, communication, and decision-making skills
- Desire to enhance and acquire skills and knowledge to be completely up to date on developments
- Proficient in English and French with excellent writing skills; a working knowledge in German would be an advantage
If you see yourself undertaking this ambitious challenge, we are eager to receive your full application file (CV and cover letter) until 10 August 2022.
The successful candidate will be expected to take up the position on 1 November 2022 or upon agreement. The GCSP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages applications of qualified candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds.
*For non-EU / EFTA citizens: Please state your eligibility status to work in Switzerland and note that if you do not own a valid Swiss work permit, the GCSP cannot guarantee your final employment due to authority regulations.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, please note that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Geneva Centre for Security Policy
No recruitment agencies please