11 Ict system engineer jobs in Geneva
Ref jobup.ch: 1940564 | Date: 12 October 2021
SonarSource provides a series of products to help engineers eliminate bugs and vulnerabilities and champion quality code in the software development process. Our products are already the standard products that extend Github, Bitbucket, and Azure DevOps. Our goal is to make these products the ultimate automatic code analysis solution and get it adopted by millions of users for millions of projects and billions of lines of code.
To achieve this, our internal IT Operations team has a mission to “Support and Scale our business by providing a stable, secure and frictionless technology environment.” We manage several systems that support the organisation, enabling teams and individuals to deliver their best work. These systems need to be configured correctly, get adjustments to adapt to changing requirements, ensure they are secure, that access entitlements are recertified. Issues are resolved by working with vendors. To achieve this goal, we are looking for a talented Systems Engineer - you! - to join the SonarSource team.
The impact you can have
The IT Operations team is composed of passionate engineers who are fully engaged in delivering the best products that help teams deliver their best work, we are focused on reducing friction and getting the most value from solutions to enhance outcomes.
We want to expand our IT operations to manage more systems in a predictable way that account for scalability, resilience and performance. This includes the review and selection of tools where changes are needed to achieve our objectives.
On a daily basis, you will
- Be responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of SaaS solutions used by the company
- Troubleshoot errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritising problems, and assessing the impact of issues
- Partner with the end-user technology team to make applications, single sign-on, access controls are enabled using our internal standards and policies
- Responsible for capacity and storage planning
- Collaborate with teams to help generalize standards to simplify management and avoid specialisations where they can be avoided
- Ensure requirements are met for compute, storage, and networking and that the provisioning is scalable.
The skills you will demonstrate
You have solid experience managing SaaS solutions to deliver features to internal users and/or integrate SaaS solutions within customer-facing features. You will have advanced experience with secure networking, you have implemented security-tested SaaS solutions across infrastructure and applications for multiple use-cases and are comfortable overseeing a portfolio of systems. You prefer to work in a team, sharing information, ideas and understanding the power of collective thinking to get the best solutions. You understand the engineers’ perspective in supporting customer-facing production services and their needs for strong ownership around operational duties by a strong system administration team.
You have a SysAdmin background with some development experience. You are motivated by both technical and functional aspects of services. You challenge the status quo. You are pragmatic and strive for continuous improvement through small increments. You demonstrate a scientific approach to systems management through observation, analysis, testing, and automation. You are a friendly, enthusiastic, and organized team player. You actively share your knowledge, give and receive feedback to improve the team and yourself. You are fluent in English, both spoken and written.
Required technical skills:
- 3-5 years of database, network administration, or system administration experience
- System administration and IT certifications in Linux, Microsoft, or other network related fields are a plus
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
- Experience with scripting and automation tools
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols
- Good knowledge of cloud service providers (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Good understanding of Agile software development
- Good knowledge of Git/Github, Certificate management, SAML and SCIM
Required Soft Skills
- Highly autonomous and pragmatic
- Open-minded and very positive can-do attitude
- Comfortable in dealing with change and complexity
- Self-confident enough to challenge the status quo as well as to receive feedback
- Leadership: you take the initiative and demonstrate your ability to lead a subject from beginning to end.
- Ability to lead change of infrastructure and work with employees to adopt to change.
- Valuing “done” over “perfect.”
Words from the team
Our team is made of passionate teammates making sure that we can provide a seamless service to meet the company needs. We use Cloud Service Providers to achieve our objectives and leverage SaaS best-of-breed solutions. We help the internal teams and users across our 4 campuses in Austin, Annecy, Bochum and Geneva and take pride in enabling teams to deliver their very best work at SonarSource.