Portfolio Architect - PIIX
Portfolio Architect – PIIX
Who we are
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
As a Portfolio Architect of PIIX/ Architecture and Emerging Technology, you will be responsible for the development and oversight of end-to-end architecture, strategy, and roadmaps for multiple functions and networks across PIIX..
What you’ll be working on
- Provides architectural best practices, templates and tools for road-mapping and architecture management.
- Understands the business vision, strategies, needs & identifies ways to solve business needs using available technologies.
- Educates business and IT on available technology capabilities including the Roche technology strategies and standards.
- Develops the vision & strategy to meet business and strategic requirements across all domains and business units.
- Acts as SPOC for enterprise technology roadmaps and respective functional leadership teams.
- Leads functional business roadmap initiatives, and coordinates the efforts with the individual verticals / lead architects across the entire business function.
- Makes sure the established roadmaps are aligned across and leads the to-be system landscape development.
- Governs architecture in the IT organization and makes sure projects in the department portfolio follow the established processes.
- Collaborate with vendor management office to have an external sounding board regarding business and technology trends
- Hosts and chairs the departmental architecture review board and makes sure projects follow the architecture processes.
- Defines the level of architecture review needed per project in collaboration with the Enterprise Architecture team.
- Mentors and supports architects within their portfolio.
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
The ideal candidate
- Is recognized as an expert in the commercial domain. Biotech / Pharma experience and TOGAF certification is a plus.
- Exhibits strong soft skills typically required as an Architect (i.e.: presentation and public speaking, negotiation, challenging the status quo)
- Exhibits an Agile mindset, i.e. Good enough instead of perfection and Focus on “Reuse before Buy before Make” when providing direction on future solutions
- Is a good team player in a global environment
- Has strong passion to bring value-adding technology to the business.
- Has solid experience with business capabilities, IT strategies, IT roadmaps
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
If you still have questions then please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq.