Supply Chain Director
Publication date:23 March 2023
Place of work:Avenue de Rhodanie 40C, 3eme etage, 1007 Lausanne
KFC, a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, is a global chicken restaurant brand with a rich, decades-long history of success and innovation. It all started with one cook, Colonel Harland Sanders, who created a finger lickin’ good recipe more than 75 years ago, a list of secret herbs and spices scratched out on the back of the door to his kitchen. Today we still follow his formula for success, with real cooks breading and freshly preparing our delicious chicken by hand inmore than 22,000 restaurants in over 135 countriesand territories around the world.
Purpose of the position:
Lead Supply Chain strategy implementation for the Western European Business Unit (WEBU) to support and enable consistent restaurant expansion and top line growth.
Key areas of focus will be the enabling our Operational teams to delivery of a consistent, reliable, and quality customer experience, supporting the continuous improvement of our business model through cost improvement over time, and ensuring continued progression of our ESG agenda.
WEBU Key Metrics:
- 737 restaurants growing at 150 NNU per year
- €1,5b Top Line sales with double digit CAGR
- €400k direct spend and similar spend levels in In-directs and Capital expansion
Supply Chain Director
- Formulates the WEBU Supply Chain vision and strategy in conjunction with the PAN European Supply Chain team to support the continued growth of KFC across the region.
- In conjunction with the Pan EU Procurement team drives profitability (F&P% and UC%) improvement across WEBU markets through the execution of SPEND SMARTER / DESING SMARTER activities, including the ideation, evaluation, testing and implementation of these activities.
- Lead the S&OP process for WEBU
- Champion Sustainability initiatives across the region.
- Build an execution organisation to enable future capacity expansion
- Develop the right level of supply chain visibility to enable data driven decision making
- Develop and implement an engagement model that ensures joint ownership and execution of agreed plans within each market
- Lead team direct reports and Franchisee supply chain teams to create high-performance culture and capability
- Build Franchisee supply chain capability through coaching and best practice sharing
- Ensure reliable supply across the markets through implementing a rigorous supply review process
- Ensure implementation of category strategies though identifying & executing key sourcing events
- WEBU LT
- PAN EU Supply Chain team
- Regional Suppliers
- Operations Team
- Marketing Team
- Development Team
- Global Supply Chain team
Business Management, End-to-end Supply Chain Management, Strategic Sourcing, Supply Network Optimisation, Project Management, Negotiating, Coaching, Influencing & Collaborating
- Min Bachelor Degree in Supply Chain / Procurement / Business / Engineering
- Min 12 -15 Years’ SCM related experience with a minimum of 5 years at a senior management
- Track record of managing executive stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability in developing and implementing business strategy in a sustainable and agile manner
- Experience in identifying & exploiting cost saving opportunities and a track record of reducing total product & service costs
- Possess excellent negotiating skills, obtained from strategic or complex negotiations
- Strategic sourcing leadership with demonstrated business procurement process transformation for value creation
- Experience in Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) or Integrated Business Planning (IBP)
- Strong inter-country logistics experience with hands-on distribution network set-up & optimisation Ideally possess experience in formal project management
- Working experience in East and/or West Africa
- Strong commercial acumen
- Experience in Retail and/or FMCG
- Marie Boy