Technical Consultant - EMEA Remote
DegreedSwitzerland Based Remote
Publication date:05 October 2022
Technical Consultant - EMEA Remote
Degreed is the upskilling platform that connects learning to opportunities. We integrate everything people use to learn and build their careers—skill insights, LMSs, courses, videos, articles, and projects—and match everyone to growth opportunities that fit their unique skills, roles, and goals. Degreed exists to discover, empower and recognize the next generation of the world's expertise.
The Technical Consultant (TC) is a member of the client experience team and is responsible for driving adoptions and implementing products and providers with Degreed clients. The TC will partner with clients to drive business strategies, change management, and functional plans to successfully launch Degreed within their organizations.
The ideal candidate should have strong project management skills, hands-on technical skills (including API, FTP, SAML, and other data transfer protocols), SaaS industry experience and client facing consulting experience with the ability to successfully handle multiple projects at once.
The TC will report to the Director, Technical Consulting Services and is required to quickly acclimate to the Degreed product and its technical components to ensure a simple experience for clients and learners.
Day in the Life
- Hosts technical status calls deep dive sessions with client/provider IT teams as necessary to support client milestones and system launch
- Use technical and product expertise to consult with clients/providers on system configurations, user access criteria, SSO authentication, data/content integrations which meet business needs and minimize risk
- Utilize your project management experience to work on high volume client projects in a fast paced environment
- Use your technical and product expertise to define and drive our clients’ overall technical strategy
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Partner with the Client Success Managers to identify key technical strategies that will unlock business value for clients
- Work in partnership with our Client Experience teams managing the technical requirements
- Collaborate closely with the Technical Support, Product and Engineering teams at Degreed to deliver meaningful outcomes and increasing business value to our clients
- The role includes 70% projects/client work, 20% internal initiatives/personal development and 10% documentation
- Other duties as assigned
Who You Are
- Technical account management or technical implementation experience with an emphasis on technical integrations for enterprise wide deployments
- Enterprise-wide SaaS project management or support experience is required
- Experience managing and overseeing multiple projects concurrently
- Experience with solution architecture, solution design, and/or solution engineering
- 5+ years professional services and/or technical consulting experience in client facing roles
- Excellent relationship management skills with a customer service mindset
- Excellent written and verbal skills, particularly in conveying technical concepts in a way that is easy for clients and non-technical partners to understand
- A successful track record of engagement with multiple customers and points of contact
- Attention to detail and the ability to prioritize, organize, and operate in a fast moving, entrepreneurial start-up environment
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software technologies, industry standard practices for implementing file feeds, API, SSO authentications and integrations
- Business savvy with demonstrated ability to work across all levels of a customer or partner organization
- Strong self-directed work habits, exhibiting initiative, drive, creativity, and professionalism
What Sets You Apart
- Experience with identity management systems
- Experience in developing API or automating code implementing API
- Sequel/Database Management/Data Warehouse
- Project Management certification
- Influencing/persuasion/sales experience/creativity
- An understanding of Human Capital Management enterprise software, ecosystem and/or a background in L&D or Talent Management
Work Environment & Physical Demands
Degreed is a remote-first company, however our roles are open to in-office or flex work if you live in a city with a physical office location (when it is safe to return to the office). This role has the opportunity to operate 100% virtually from your home office. We primarily collaborate with our US and International colleagues through virtual meetings (Zoom), email, and Slack. In this role, you will be required to operate a laptop computer (PC or Mac available), computer software platforms, and other office productivity machinery as necessary. Due to the nature of this role, you must be able to remain stationary for extended periods, and must be able to observe and interpret written and/or verbal communication.
Degreed provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Degreed will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Degreed uses the E-Verify employment verification program.