5 Director of Technical Operations jobs in the Canton of Bern
Associate Director, Project Excellence
Associate Director, Project Excellence
With operations in 35+ nations and ~ 22,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma , one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is the second largest influenza vaccine company in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
This role is an experienced and recognized technical expert in the Project Delivery field with strong knowledge and experience in the Design, Construction, Safety, Commissioning & Qualification and Startup of facilities. His/her principal role is to partner and collaborate with our customers and stakeholders to provide a Center of Excellence within the organization in the proper set up of projects and teams, development, training, coaching and advise for the successful execution of capital projects.
- Develop standardized project delivery methodologies and contracting models, acting as CSL’s subject matter expert
- Create and maintain a framework for delivery methodology selection for new projects
- Stay up to date with industry best practices and new approaches to project delivery
- Develop communication and training to drive adoption of standards, working closely with project control and project delivery leaders
- Work with external supply integration, quality external supply, manufacturing and engineering teams to develop and optimize contracting models
- Assist in managing contracting where needed to ensure standards are met
- Collaborate across functions and centers of expertise to roll out standardized practices
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical field
- 10+ years of relative business experience and project delivery is required including all aspects of Design, Construction Management, Project Controls, Project Portfolio Management, Commissioning, Qualification and Operations Readiness. Prior experience managing major capital projects is required.
- Detailed understanding of contract management
- Experience driving strategic initiatives and company-wide adoption
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Excellent project management skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within aggressive timelines with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Managerial Courage: Does not hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and ‘actionable’ positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Business Acumen: Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practice, trends and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Drive for Results/Execution: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Decision Quality: Makes good decision based upon a mixture analysis, wisdom experience, and judgment; most his /her solution and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Innovation Management: Is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market; has good judgment about which creative ideas and suggestions will work; has a sense about managing the creative process of others; can facilitate effective brainstorming; can project how potential ideas may play out in the marketplace.