Director, WW Medical Affairs Hematology, MM, CELMoD Agents
Bristol Myers SquibbBoudry
Publication date:28 July 2022
Director, WW Medical Affairs Hematology, MM, CELMoD Agents
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science.?In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Director, WW Medical Affairs Hematology, MM is responsible for the provision of specific activities in relation to the design and delivery of a comprehensive Medical Affairs program for the therapy area Disease Team.
This individual will take a leadership role for the execution and implementation of the Medical Affairs strategy in support of CELMoD agents, as well as representation on relevant cross-functional teams, and collaboration with the global affiliates. A major focus will be the interaction and alignment with worldwide (WW) functions (Medical Affairs and cross-functional) and the support to Medical Affairs functions in the affiliates. This will be done through the active participation to a WW cross-functional team (MA, MKT and Market Access) where the position will contribute to the WW strategy while co-leading the launch implementation and roll-over of new indications in key countries from a Medical Affairs perspective.
As active member of WW cross-functional MM Team and other sub-teams and project groups, the position will be actively involved in cross-functional team activity, strategic and budget planning and other Medical Affairs functions supporting the business, as deemed appropriate. This role will report to the Executive Director Multiple Myeloma (MM).
- Provision of medical and scientific expertise in therapeutic and product specific cross functional teams
- Development and approval of medical and educational materials
- Collaboration with the senior members of the MM MA Team in managing relations/communication with external Key Opinion Leaders and cooperative groups for external educational event opportunities at international symposium and stand-alone events
- Contribution to central Key Opinion Leader management programs through organization and participation in Advisory- and Consultant meetings as appropriate.
- Collaboration with the respective cross-functional team, the clinical development and medical affairs groups to identify publication projects
- Collaboration with WW Commercial and Market Access colleagues to agree, establish and recommend the priorities in the assigned area of responsibility within the WWBT strategy
- Planning and management of specific data exploration and publication projects as assigned and consistent with the product strategies
- Collaboration with cross-functional teams in the update and maintenance of the MA Plan and Integrated Evidence Plan
- Input into the central publication planning and publication review process. Seeking and initiating additional data exploration and managing the compilation and presentation of results with key stakeholders
- Medical and scientific input on educational materials development and internal education program for WW colleagues
- Management and collaboration with Medical Education & Communication agencies (vendors) to support delivery of events and materials
- Management as appropriate of the budget allocated to the specific projects
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Scientific degree with 3-5 years of industry experience preferred
- 5+ years' experience in medical affairs/clinical development?
- Proven track record of:
- Delivering value in a highly professional Medical Affairs environment
- Successful KOL relationship building and maintenance
- Scientific, clinical or research experience in the field of hematology / oncology
- Excellent communication, organization and presentation skills
- Experience and knowledge of the drug development and/or commercialization process is essential
- Experience and interest in internal training would be advantageous
- Strong identification with BMS's values
- Travel required
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.?
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation.? Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment.? This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to Write an email. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.
Bristol Myers Squibb