22 Director of Product Management jobs in the Canton of Vaud
Product Portfolio Manager (W/M)
The Product Portfolio Manager position is a newly created role within our client to lead operational and strategic marketing activities towards the given product portfolio.
Product Portfolio Manager (W/M)
Our client is a family owned company that operates under a unique business model dedicated in creating and deploying technologies that improve the lives of people in developing countries.
The Product Portfolio Manager reports to the Director of Sales, Public Health, and is responsible for product planning, delivery and marketing throughout the product lifecycle. S/He develops a Portfolio business strategy and Product lifecycle roadmaps for the products based on input from internal stakeholders, customers, market research and their own industry insight.
The Product Portfolio Manager develops a balanced, rounded view across all the different aspects of their products - commercial, technical, operational, etc.- Working closely with counterparts from Market Access, Supply Chain/Engineering, and Regulatory, the Product Portfolio Manager delivers products that align with this portfolio strategy and roadmaps, meet market needs and are delivered to a consistently high-quality standard.
The Product Portfolio Manager identifies the key benefits and value of products and supervises the development and implementation of marketing plans and collateral assets (including web updates, product training materials and sales training):
- Define the multi-generation product portfolio strategy and product lifecycle management roadmaps.
- Manage the product throughout its lifecycle from concept to end-of-life with a view to deliver company strategic commercial objectives.
- Write product requirements and market requirements documents. Collect, manage and maintain
traceability of requirements from all stakeholders across product releases.
- Write the business case(s) for investments and obtain internal approval.
- Set pricing, deliver volume, revenue and profit forecasts for new products.
- Collate feedback from sales and customers. Monitor, report and improve product performance.
- Commission market and competitor research as needed.
- Develop core positioning and messaging for the product. Propose a product marketing plan and budget and then deliver against it.
- Promote the product to sales teams through sales training sessions, webinars, newsletters and other mechanisms.
- Work with Market Access to assess and establish partnerships and oversee the development and delivery of the go-to-market launch process.
We are looking for an experienced entrepreneurial Product Portfolio Manager who will set-up the product management function and bring best-in-class tools and practices to the Public Health business unit.
This position has both strategic and operational dimensions. Our staff are conceptualizers and "doers," unafraid to roll up their sleeves to accomplish good work.
- Demonstrated organizational ability with the ability to drive work forward.
- Strong commercial/business drive and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills including an ability to translate scientific information into compelling messages and marketing assets.
- A strong team player capable of leading through influence, motivating and directing teams around the business to make sure the company delivers products that the market needs; ability to work and communicate effectively with a broad spectrum of individuals across a range of cultural environments.
- Fluency in English required. French language a plus.
- An advanced degree in product management, marketing, engineering, or other relevant field.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in product management roles that illustrates a passion and understanding of the value of product management as a support to business growth preferably with multiple product categories and multiple product SKU portfolios.
- Knowledge and experience with health products preferred (either public health or medical technologies or similar).
- Experience and track-record in working in and leading multi-cultural, cross-functional teams in multinational company set up.
This opportunity will allow you to build your own role in this growing company.