Location: Vevey, Switzerland
Company: Société des Produits Nestlé S.A.
Act. Rate: Full-Time 100%
Type of contact: Permanent contract
Start date: January 2024
Deadline for applications: 2-3 weeks from posting
What we offer at Nestlé
Flexible work policies in terms of core hours and working from home. Please talk to us during the recruitment process about what flexibility could look like for you!
Genuine opportunities for career and personal development
Modern "smart office" locations providing agile & collaborative workspaces
Dynamic international working environment
Attractive additional benefits
Nestlé has a significant post-employment footprint with more than 350 pension plans in 80 different countries.
As Junior Corporate Pension Actuary, you will provide support to the Senior Corporate Actuaries and Actuarial Strategy Manager for changes in the pension plan design and implementation of new or alternative pension plan structures and will support in the preparation of proposals for Nestlé management approval. In addition, you will perform IAS 19 actuarial valuations and validate pension figures for Group financial statements.
We offer a dynamic, inclusive, and international working environment with many opportunities across different companies, functions, and regions. Don't miss the opportunity to join us and work with different teams in an agile and diverse context.
A Day in the Life of a Junior Corporate Pension Actuary
Group post-employment benefit strategy
- Support in developing standards and guidelines to Nestlé entities globally on actuarial matters related to post-employment benefits
- Support in monitoring Group post-employment benefit metrics
- Support in the implementation in the pension benefit policy and funding policy in line with the Group's guidelines
- Support HR to define the Pension (DB/DC) contribution to Total Reward Package
- Exposure to the Markets/Pension funds together with the relevant main point of contact
- Support on benefit design, selection/monitoring of local actuarial consultants, actuarial studies
- Support internal stakeholders to understand actuarial matters
Corporate and Market support
- Review plans designs and provide support to align with the Post-Employment Benefits Policy and Standard
- Support for implementing de-risking measures
- Support for actuarial studies (plan changes, plan implementation, ALM study, funding valuation)
- Review valuations for Group reporting and perform IAS 19 calculations
- Support in reviewing funding policies
- Support the selection and monitoring of actuarial advisers, benefit administrator and insurer for risk transfers
What will make you successful
- Master's degree in actuarial sciences
- 3 years of experience in international pension consulting and pension accounting
- Prior experience in reporting metrics management
- Asset management and benefit administration is a plus
- Experience in Funding & Accounting actuarial valuations
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with capacity to adapt the message to the respective stakeholders
- Curious, driven, self-disciplined and self-corrective
- Digitally savvy, agile and curious
- Fluency in English, any other language is a plus