The Software Developer will be responsible for implementing key solutions and applications into our workflow. The focus is on the development of software-based products according to business needs. We are looking for a developer with a strong background and a proven record in software programming and engineering, as well as willingness to bring digitalization into the packaging industry.
Main Responsibilities :
The Software Developer will implement software-based products to expand the integration of Bobst Group equipment in the workflow as well as Software engine designed to feed our digital machinery automation system. He or she will report to the Head of BU-SF Electrical R&D and closely partner with cross-functional teams and experts in Bobst Group. As a successful candidate, you will have a proven expertise in software development.
• Specify, develop and program software-based products and solutions
• Recommend technical solutions to answer customers pain points and improve workflow integration
• Develop expertise about workflow related solutions within BOBST and among its competitors
• Collaborate closely with specialists from Group IT and R&D to shape solutions development according to the group strategy
• Follow-up on state-of-the-art digital technologies to shape future developments
• Travel (up to 10%) to help installing, demonstrating, testing and debugging developed software
• Shape new solutions according to BOBST development process
• Use Agile/Scrum development framework
Professional Experience & Personal Attributes :
• Bachelor or master's degree
• Programming languages C-Sharp/C
• HTML, CSS, Java Script
• Microsoft .NET framework
• Good knowledge of object-oriented programming
• SQL database knowledge is a plus
• Knowledge in Microsoft Azure is a plus
• Knowledge in Microsoft Office 365 tools like Flow, SharePoint etc. is an advantage
• 3 - 5 years of experience in software development, experience in cloud solutions is a plus
• Experience with Agile/Scrum framework is a plus
• Team player with proven ability to connect with internal and external partners
• Proficient in English (written and oral)
• French / German is an asset but not mandatory
• Clear and honest communicator
• Autonomous, initiative and solution driven
If you want to embark in our software team, be instrumental in shaping the digitalization of the packaging industry and join an innovative company with a real vision then we look forward to receiving your application.
BOBST is one of the world's leading suppliers of equipment and services to packaging and label manufacturers in the folding carton, corrugated board and flexible materials industries. We are present in over 50 countries. With more than 125 years of success in the markets, BOBST is always at the forefront of new technology developments to best respond to its clients' needs. Our leading position is due in particular to our capacity for innovation, the quality of our products and services, our values and the quality of our highly qualified staff.
The production site of Mex, near Lausanne in Switzerland, is also the headquarters of the Bobst Group. It is the most important site, employing approx. 1500 passionate people.
It also trains each year roughly 200 apprentices. The site offers an idyllic work environment. In the countryside and close to major highways, it is also well served by public transport. It offers many amenities, such as a corporate restaurant, sports fields, a fitness and a nursery. The facilities have been recently renovated and represent a model for sustainable development.