The Services team is looking for a Support Engineer in order to help our customers adopt, deploy and integrate our product. On top of joining a fast-growing and innovative company, you will have the opportunity to assist companies around the world in deploying/using our solutions, and adopting software engineering best-practices as a whole.
The impact you can have
As a Support Engineer, you will be the main technical point of contact for our customers. With your strong technical background and problem-solving skills, you will help them using our products in their environment. By its experience granted on customer use-cases, the Support team also collaborates with Product and Development teams in order to impact products roadmaps.
On a daily basis, you will
- Help customers integrate our solutions from developer IDE till the Continuous Integration chain. Both from a software lifecycle perspective (SCM, build, test) and from a business application perspective (authentication, database etc.)
- Drive technical issues to resolution: from qualifying the issue, to reproducing it and conducting an in-depth technical investigation (being in touch with the customer and managing his expectations all along the way)
- Collaborate with SonarSource Sales and Consulting teams to support the adoption and deployment of SonarSource solutions
- Bring together customers feedback and SonarSource product evolutions
- Have a voice in enhancing the way we work
The skills you will demonstrate
- Software engineering best practices, with at least 3-5 years of experience in maintaining and delivering high-quality software
- Experience with common software engineering tools: SCM (e.g. Git, SVN), IDE (e.g. IntelliJ, VisualStudio), CI (e.g. Jenkins, VSTS). More than acronyms, they are tools that our customers use and that our products integrate with.
- Experience with system-wide deployments. Because sometimes an issue is not caused by the application itself, but by the network, the underlying server, the database or else
- Investigation skills to understand problems in their context and to ability to reproduce them
- Team player, receiving and giving feedback as well as sharing knowledge
- Can-do attitude: challenging status-quo, leading and contributing to key improvements and innovations
SonarSource is a company with offices in Geneva (Switzerland), Austin (Texas) and La Roche sur Foron (France). The role can be based in either office.
What we do
SonarSource was started by a team of developers that wanted to change the way code is built in an agile development process. The company was created to develop the open source tool SonarQube, which is now the standard in code quality management with over 85,000 instances deployed today. Every day we are focused on solving developers’ next big problem.
Who we are
At SonarSource we believe in people, excellence, and delivery. We’re a team of problem solvers and overachievers who seek out others who are also passionate and relentless in their respective missions. We want to work with people who are ready to fasten their seat belts and be part of an incredible ride. We work hard not because we’re told to, but because we genuinely love what we do and do what we love. If there’s one main message we want you to remember about us, it’s that we push others to be best in class at whatever they do: choose your battle, innovate, take risks, and lead change. Join us; we’ll be smarter and stronger together.
Why you will love it here
You will be given ownership and challenges, team support and encouragement to help you hit your personal goals
You will have the opportunity to be a leader in your domain
You will have a concrete impact on a fast-growing company
You will enjoy working as part of a casual, fun and passionate team
You will meet and work with a talented and diverse team of 85+ professionals from 18 different nationalities
You will enjoy the passion and drive of a start-up with big-company events and benefits
If this sounds like you, apply now!