Hydro is a fully integrated aluminium company with 35,000 employees in 40 countries on all continents, combining local expertise, worldwide reach and unmatched capabilities in R&D. In addition to production of primary aluminium, rolled and extruded products and recycling, Hydro also extracts bauxite, refines alumina, and generates energy to be the only 360° company of the global aluminium industry. Hydro is present within all market segments for aluminium, with sales and trading activities throughout the value chain serving more than 30,000 customers. Based in Norway and rooted in more than a century of experience in renewable energy, technology and innovation, Hydro is committed to strengthening the viability of its customers and communities, shaping a sustainable future through innovative aluminium solutions.
The Commercial Unit within the Bauxite & Alumina Business Area is responsible for marketing, sales and trading of bauxite and alumina. The unit is also responsible for shipping of alumina to our global customer network. This includes planning, scheduling and shipping to customers in Europe, US, Canada, China and Middle-East.
To support our growing business, the Commercial head office in Tolochenaz (Morges) is looking for a
If you are ready to develop in contract management, customer relations and supply chain management, this is the right position for you. Ideally you also have a good understanding of processes in commodity trading operations and logistics. You feel at ease in a dynamic business environment and focus on giving customers a high level of service. You use your good communication skills to build strong relations with suppliers and customers on a global basis. Over time, the successful candidate will be provided development opportunities to grow both within Commercial and the wider organization.
The Supply Chain Analyst will report to the Alumina Trader.
Areas of Responsibility
- Managing and administrating alumina sales and purchase contracts
- Scheduling alumina shipments to our global internal and external customers
- Supporting the trading team to optimize the distribution of alumina
- Customer, supplier, agent relationship management
- Supporting digitalization projects and improvements initiatives
- Contracts drafting, invoicing and payment folllow-up.
- B.Sc. or equivalent, ideally with experience in contract administration/supply chain management
- Knowledge and experience from a commodity trading company/industry is a plus, but important is to be curious, analytical, and proactive
- Ability to build good relations and co-operate with internal/external suppliers and customers
- Knowledge in trade finance is an advantage
- Strong IT and data analytics skills (ERP, Microsoft Office 365 tools, Power BI)
- Continuous improvement and project driven mindset
- Ability to operate in a work environment with deadlines
- Fluent in English
- High ethical standards.
The position in based in Tolochenaz, Switzerland and will require a valid Swiss/European Union work permit. If you are interested by this position, please send your appliaction (motivation letter and CV) to: