Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The FP&A Analyst is a key team member, supporting financial planning, analysis and decision support, as well as compliance and reporting for the Lonza Specialty Ingredients (LSI) segment. The Analyst works with the FP&A team, collaborates closely with respective Business Units and site controllers and other functional leaders. The Analyst ensures processes that maximize functional efficiency and transparency.
- Prepare for relevant planning and analysis processes for the LSI Segment such as monthly forecasting, full year outlook, annual budgeting and mid-term planning.
- Supporting monthly closing incl. consolidation tasks and performance reporting for the LSI Segment.
- Perform ad hoc analysis of performance (sales, cost, capital expenditure) for all LSI Business Units.
- Driving the automation and harmonization of reports and dashboards and data integrity.
- Involvement in projects and definition, implementation and roll-out of new finance tools and concepts.
- Master’s degree in Controlling / Finance / Economics.
- A strong understanding of accounting is critical, and a CPA, CFA and/or MBA are a plus.
- Extensive experience in Finance and Controlling, ideally in FP&A, Commercial or Operations Controlling role in a multinational environment of a manufacturing company.
- Engage strong business partnering, understand internal and external customer needs, usage of systematic approaches to ensure key metrics are tracked and analyzed for continuous improvement.
- Set and deliver on individual and team objectives that support the company strategy.
- Prioritize multiple demands and leads defined work to successful conclusion on time, takes personal accountability and direct 2-way communication within the team and other organizations.
- Work in partnership as an active member within the team and cross- functional working groups.
- Experience with financial systems, budgeting and consolidation tools (HFM, SAP BW / SAC).
- Data modelling, programming and dashboarding skills desirable.
- Fluent English and German language skills.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.