37 jobs in Company Management / Head of Department in Genève
Systems Platform Owner
Systems Platform Owner
Systems Platform Owner
Requisition ID: 14612Region: Europe (HQ)Contract type: Open-ended contract
What we do
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) works worldwide to provide humanitarian assistance to people affected by conflict and armed violence. We take action in response to emergencies and at the same time promote respect for international humanitarian law. We are an independent and neutral organization, and our mandate stems essentially from the Geneva Conventions of 1949. We work closely with National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and with their International Federation in order to ensure a concerted, rational and rapid humanitarian response to the needs of the victims of armed conflict or any other situation of internal violence. We direct and coordinate the international activities conducted in these situations.Purpose of the position
The Systems Engineer takes care of the IT infrastructure and the required tools for the management of this infrastructure. As an expert, she/he provides the infrastructure clouds environments needed for projects and applications. She/he provides management tools to administrate those environments.
Within this context, the Systems Engineer handles the basic elements of the infrastructure as well as the virtualization tools and automation process.
As an expert in Systems and clouds Infrastructures, the Systems Engineer will have the role of technical lead within a team of specialists. With this team, She/he will enforce the cloud infrastructure and the tools necessary for the management of it all whilst bringing her/his expertise to the definition of user guidelines.
She/he will give advice and bring her/his knowledge and skills to new projects within the organization. She/he will validate the integrations within the infrastructure whilst respecting the established regulations. She/he will support the operations teams and will bring them her/his expertise when it comes to problem solving.
- Guarantee the evolution and the optimization of the cloud infrastructure systems;
- Guarantee the coherence and integration of new infrastructure installations;
- Anticipate needs in terms of cloud solutions, whether on-premises or in public clouds;
- Bring new solutions and new designs to answer to the evolving needs of the organization;
- Ensure the technical coherence and integration of infrastructure projects;
- Within the Systems team, prepare all infrastructure changes, implement them and document them;
- Manage potential issues linked to the infrastructure and its management;
- Contribute to the definition of standards and architecture conventions;
- Ensure operational processes for infrastructure stakeholders;
- Prepare content, support and documentation for operational teams;
- Flexible and capable of working with a certain level of uncertainties;
- Available to travel on an ad-hoc basis to meet with partners.
- Ensure the coherence of elements of the cloud infrastructure;
- Ensure the evolution of the infrastructure and the technologies used;
- Ensure support and constructive exchanges on a 360° level;
- Ensure a proactive communication with all relevant parties.
- Master’s in Information Technology (HES, EPF);
- Experience in the management of a cloud hybrid environment;
- Good knowledge of a major cloud environment as Azure, AWS or GCP;
- Extensive knowledge of virtual environments under VMware and Hyper-V;
- Experience in VRealize Automation and VRealize Orchestrator;
- Knowledge on the automation tool Ansible;
- Experience in the infrastructure automation process;
- Knowledge of Windows operations systems, with experience of the AD Microsoft environment;
- Good knowledge of storage infrastructures (SAN, NAS). Experience in their asset management;
- Experience in backup concept tools and processes of disaster recovery;
- Excellent relationship skills, capable of coordinating different stakeholders within the different teams (internal and external) without a direct reporting relationship;
- Knowledge of project processes and the associated quality standards associated with it;
- Knowledge of the exploitation constraints and the quality standards associated with it;
- Knowledge of Linux or other operating systems is an asset.
- An interest for humanitarian action;
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently;
- Strong analytical mindset;
- Strong team player;
- Communication skills and ability to negotiate;
- Good organizational skills;
- Fluent in English;
- Good knowledge of French preferred (or willingness to learn French).
- Location: Geneva
- Type of contract: Open-ended contract
- Activity rate: 100%
- Estimated start date: ASAP
- Application Deadline: Sunday, the 23rd of August 2020
The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.