5 jobs in Company Management / Head of Department in Kaiseraugst
Group Lead - Analytics
Group Lead - Analytics
Job ID: 46181 Date: Sep 1, 2021 Job function: Research & Development Experience level: Experienced Hire Business: DSM Nutritional Products
Group Lead - Analytics
DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
Royal DSM is a global, purpose-led, science-based company active in Nutrition, Health and Sustainable Living. DSM’s purpose is to create brighter lives for all. DSM addresses with its products and solutions some of the world’s biggest challenges while simultaneously creating economic, environmental and societal value for all its stakeholders – customers, employees, shareholders, and society at large. DSM delivers innovative solutions for human nutrition, animal nutrition, personal care and aroma, medical devices, green products and applications, and new mobility and connectivity. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees. The company was founded in 1902 and is listed on Euronext Amsterdam.
More information can be found at www.dsm.com.
Group Lead – Analytics
Ignite imaginations. Inspire change.
What You’ll Do:
What sets working in Innovation apart? We invent, make and sell work closely together to grow our business and have a positive impact on people and the planet through the development of science-based, innovative products & solutions.
As a Group Lead, you’ll be a key part of our diverse team and ensure the high performance of the Research and Development Analytics team within Chemistry and Analytics.
Are you passionate about Human Nutrition and Health? Are you a team player with a solution-oriented mindset? Do you want to have a global impact in application development? Then this is the job for you!
Your key responsibilities:
- Lead a team of experts in different technologies of small molecule chemical analysis
- Manages and monitors project portfolio worked on in the team, sets priorities in alignment with the relevant stakeholders, leading to realization of R&D project objectives
- Liaises with chemistry & analytic leadership team, project manager, and other internal stakeholders to identify research goals, and then designs solutions to deliver results within defined company targets.
- Delivers multi-disciplinary solutions to complex analytical challenges from Innovation projects and production
- Contributes with hands-on analytical solutions in at least one relevant expertise area, i.e. LC-MS.
- Reports and presents the results to our stakeholders and at external conferences.
- Identifies and organizes collaborations with academic institutions and other research organizations to deliver on project goals and to identify new opportunities through external orientation.
DSM is changing to better reflect how our customers are organized by establishing three Business Groups: Food & Beverage (F&B); Health Nutrition & Care (HNC); and Animal Nutrition & Health (ANH). This means we bring together teams that serve common customers. Our long-term success in serving these markets require innovations that are customer-focused, value-adding and differentiating and, at the same time, grounded in market insights as well as best-in-class launch execution capabilities.
Our Science & Innovation organization supports the short-term needs of the business today but also the longer-term environment needed for innovation, whether transformational or core, to reach the next frontier of our business model: precision and personalization.
Our team is made up of creative thinkers, who thrive in fast-paced environments and continually come up with innovative solutions to meet the changing needs of our customers and their consumers. Through collaborating with people in different fields and not being afraid to try new things, we innovate exciting new products and solutions for the benefit of our society.
- A hybrid workplace that offers flexibility to employees across the business
- The chance to shape DSM and its impact for years to come
- Diverse employees who aren’t afraid to think outside of the box
- A team that truly cares about sustainability, each other and our customers
- A supportive environment where you’re empowered to grow and share your ideas
- The encouragement you need to develop and achieve
- A safe, inclusive workplace where you feel welcome
- A flexible, agile and solution-oriented mindset
- Enthusiasm and openness to learn on the job
- Brilliant collaborative skills
- A genuine passion to improve the lives of others
- Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry, or similar related field with >10 yrs. experience in analytical chemistry in an industrial environment
- Broad expertise in analytical chemistry complemented with profound back ground in organic chemistry and/or chemical processes
- experience in people management of a small team of people with a track record of personal development of the members
- experience in leading analytical activities and support project teams to ensure high quality delivery against project deadlines.
- Energetic, highly self-motivated team player, able to work with multi-disciplinary and multi-national teams in a fast-paced team environment
- A highly innovative scientist with a drive for creating and developing a positive and engaging team dynamic, translating ideas into practical advances.
- Strategic thinker who will develop the team vision for technologies and techniques which should be leveraged internally, or accessed externally based on short-, medium- and long-term innovation project needs.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills, German would be an added value
How to apply
Interested in this position? Please apply on-line by sending us your Resume and Cover letter in English via TalentSuite Careers. Our recruitment process The procedure will generally be in line with the DSM application process outlined on the DSM career website. Due to privacy regulations, we can only actively interact with applications via our career portal. For further information on the recruitment process, please contact Alexandra Creamer Recruitment Business Partner (Alexandra.firstname.lastname@example.org).
Pre-employment screenings are part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be contacted when further information is required. In the Recruitment process, we will use the Occupational Personality Questionnaire to provide insight on your learning adaptability, preferred operating style and motivation for this position.
Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
DSM in 3 minutes
Do you know that DSM has the broadest portfolio of nutritional ingredients - that millions of people already have our biomaterials in their body - and that our innovations make materials lighter, healthier, safer, stronger, more durable and have a lower environmental footprint? This short 3 minute video shares our portfolio in Nutrition, Health and Sustainable Living