Test Engineer (m/f)
Who we are
In a life without sound, our work provides meaning. As a leading provider of innovative hearing care solutions, we are not just a company that makes products: we are a team on a mission to help people enjoy the delight of hearing. To enable a life without limitations, we – through our core business brands Phonak, Unitron, Hansaton, Advanced Bionics and AudioNova – develop, manufacture and distribute solutions that push the limits of technology and redefine the future of our industry.
Test Engineer (m/f)
In a life without sound, our work provides meaning. As the world’s leading hearing care provider, we are not just a company that makes products: we are a team on a mission to help people enjoy the delight of hearing. To enable a life without limitations, we – through our core brands Phonak, Unitron, Hansaton, Advanced Bionics and AudioNova – develop, manufacture and distribute solutions that push the limits of technology and redefine the future of our industry. Sonova has more than 14,000 committed employees in over 100 countries, all of whom contribute to something greater than themselves – they transform lives.
Phonak Communications AG, located in Murten, is a company of the Sonova Group. We are the global market leader and Sonova’s competence center for ultra-miniaturized wireless communication systems. Our product portfolio ranges from communication devices for hearing impaired persons to professional communication solutions for security, industry and broadcast applications.
We want to grow our team to develop leading edge technical solutions and products to delight the consumers of our new Consumer Hearing Business. The team is based primarily in Murten and to a lesser extent in Stäfa. New hires will be preferably based in Murten. If you are interested in joining an agile, driven and fun team and working on these exciting new products and in contributing with your passion and technical skills to the success of this newly formed business unit, please apply for the position as
Phonak Communications AG / Switzerland / Murten
Test Engineer (m/f)
In this role, you are responsible for the formal product verification for hearing solutions, which includes hearing devices, their configuration software, accessory devices as well as Mobile or Web software and services.
- Review product specifications for testability
- Analyze, design, document and review test cases, and maintain the existing test base
- Execute test cases for regression and for new functionality; analyze, document and report test results
- Investigate and report bugs, and re-test bug fixes
- Design, develop and maintain automated test cases for regression and new functionality
- Assist software engineers with test case automation
- Help define, develop, improve and document Sonova test engineering practices, processes, tools and test infrastructures
- Analyze test coverage and define a test strategy (e.g. risk based testing)
- Share and learn test engineering related knowledge in communities
- Support feature development teams with investigations and exploratory testing
- Engineering degree, higher technical school or apprenticeship with diploma in the computer sciences, electronics or related fields
- Further education in Testing and at least 2 years of proven working experience in software testing with excellent knowledge in software programming and scripting language (python)
- Self-motivated, pro-active, reliable and responsible personality
- Able to focus, especially when tasks are repetitive, and to pay attention to details
- Good communication skills
- Able to work in a distributed, diverse collaboration environment
We can offer you a new challenge, with interesting tasks and much more – including an open corporate culture, flat hierarchies, support for further training and development, opportunities to take on responsibility, an excellent range of foods, sports and cultural facilities, attractive employment conditions, and flexible working time models in various roles.
Daniel Huber, Director HR, is looking forward to receiving your complete application (cover letter, CV, references and certificates) via our online job application platform.
For this vacancy only direct applications will be considered.
Phonak Communications AG
+41 58 928 91 00
Sonova is an equal opportunity employer
We team up. We grow talent. We collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds to win with the best team in the market place. We guarantee every person equal treatment in regard to employment and opportunity for employment, regardless of a candidate’s ethnic or national origin, religion, sexual orientation or marital status, gender, genetic identity, age, disability or any other legally protected status.