Senior Venture Consultant Mobility
What you can expect
Innovation has a high priority at Baloise. In 2016, Baloise embarked on the Simply Safe strategic journey, the aim being to make customers’ lives easier and safer in four key areas: Home, Mobility, Financial Wellness and Business Services. Within these key areas, known as ecosystems, Baloise entered into partnerships with external companies, invested in start-ups and established start-ups of its own.
Mobility is an area of life that has changed considerably over the last few decades. This refers both to the technological developments concerning self-driving cars as well as changed user behaviour – i.e. the shift from vehicle ownership to the sharing economy. Increased environmental awareness plays a significant role in this too.
Build with us our ecosystem Mobility and extend the range of services for our clients beyond insurance products.
- Conduct due diligence by evaluating opportunities, ideas and founders, understanding the risk, rewards and financial and strategic potential for each venture and make investment recommendations to the board
- Work with portfolio companies to help them in their individual overall strategy building, business development and fundraising
- Identify synergies within the portfolio with the focus on data and customer journeys
- Facilitate collaborations and partnerships between ventures and with partners in the ecosystem
- Follow up on investments and report on them on a regular basis to the board
- Engage with the mobility, tech, and entrepreneurship community in Europe's startup hubs, thereby promoting the brand of the Baloise Mobility Unit
What we expect
- 5-10+ years of experience in the mobility industry or in venture capital, investment banking, private equity or similar roles
- Your previous experience includes leading multiple deals from sourcing to closing, in particular management of due diligence, negotiation of terms, and supervision of the closing process
- Board-level experience as director or observer
- Experience in establishing data driven customer experiences
- Strong interpersonal and communication (writing and presentation) skills allowing you to comfortably understand and articulate opinions and positions
- You are regular in Europe’s startup hubs and ideally even live close to one of them and are available to travel within Europe
- You are business-fluent in English and either German or French
- You are highly motivated to support the development of new digital ideas and business models in a team, focusing on unit economics and monetization potential
- You are enthusiastic about working with ambitious entrepreneurs and have an ability to foster creativity, communication and synergies between individuals, teams and organizations
- You like to take over responsibility, are passionate about your work and can quickly adapt to new situations and contexts
- You have a high level of political acumen and the ability to build consensus across different groups of stakeholders allowing to overcome obstacles You have a high degree of integrity, intellectual curiosity and team-orientation
- You thrive in and actively seek out diverse and dynamic environments