Minimum requirements What you will bring to the role:
• Medical Doctor degree required; additional PhD / PhD-level research strongly desirable
• Demonstrated excellence and clinical expertise in your relevant medical subspecialty, evidenced by quality scientific publications, patient experience, and significant contributions to your field over time
• Quantitative expertise in biostatistics, bioinformatics, computer science, data science or related technical field. Hands-on experience analyzing, interpreting, publishing studies consisting of a variety of omics technologies (NGS, proteomics, etc.). Formal training and demonstrated experience with machine learning, “big data” analysis, statistical approaches to exploratory analysis, or related aspects of data science
• Experience performing in a similar role within a Pharmaceutical research company, a Clinical Research Organization or an academic medical center. Used to leading complex cross-functional/matrix project teams with proven success collaborating with expert disease research scientists and non-specialists
• Recognized expert in your field. You have driven success for studies and projects and are respected by a wide range of internal colleagues and external collaborators
• Demonstrated passion for science, seeking out new clinical discovery opportunities and early clinical study approaches
• Advanced leadership, planning, prioritization, problem solving and organizational skills
• Business-level/fluent English
This position is primarily for Basel (Switzerland) but can be Cambridge, MA (USA): please state your location preference within your application letter. Novartis supports international family relocation.
ABOUT TRANSLATIONAL MEDICINE
Translational Medicine (TM) is a global group of nearly 900 scientists and physicians working at the pre-clinical and early clinical stage of drug discovery.
Our Physician-Scientist TM Discovery & Profiling group drives innovative and cutting–edge science from Discovery to the market through the selection, profiling and effective global development of successful medicines. The group closes the gap between preclinical research and clinical development and integrates clinical science into the discovery and preclinical development phase. Our Translational Medicine concepts are driven by medical needs of the patient and the concept of personalized medicine, tailoring the drug, its dose and dosing regimen to the patient that the clinical response is optimal in efficacy and safety.
We focus from identification of drug targets (molecular pathways relevant to disease) up to the completion of Proof of Concept (Phase IIa studies). Our Translational Medicine Experts are part of preclinical project teams in all drug discovery phases and help design the pathway for First in Human studies (healthy volunteer) that bridge to studies in the patient population. They have the comprehensive responsibility for designing and executing the early clinical drug development phase with a project team from researchers, biomarkers, biostatistics, modeling and simulation, toxicology, technical experts and the clinical trial teams.
Translational Medicine Experts with an interest in profiling will often continue as members of late stage global project team to characterize the clinical pharmacology, the mode of action, the biomarker response of a compound, look for new potential indications, contribute to the drug approval process, and profile a new compound further in the market.
WHY CONSIDER NOVARTIS?
750 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are empowered to ask new questions, make bolder decisions and take smarter risks.
We are Novartis. Join us and help reimagine medicine