Senior Territory Account Manager
Senior Territory Account Manager
Primary Location: ,Zurich
Additional Location(s): Save this jobRemove Saved JobApply Now
The Senior Territory Account Manager is responsible for large deals and transactional business within a geographical territory; this position covers a German speaking part of Switzerland.
The objective of this role is to cover the territory through:
- Direct personal focus and touch on the biggest clients, directly solidifying existing customer contacts and identifying and closing new revenue from the full portfolio of VMware products and services.
- Orchestrate and align the extended sales team to a common goal for generating new- in addition to transactional business on mid-size customers.
- Coordinate with Partners, to generate a healthy transactional business pipeline.
Reporting to the Sales Manager, the Senior Territory Account Manager is motivated by complete management and quota of a territory, and is responsible for selling the complete VMware solution, products and services within this territory.
- Achieving personal revenue targets by selling VMware solutions into assigned geographical region
- Capturing, understanding and analyzing specific customer business issues and demands and translating them into VMware solutions to build and maintain C level relationships
- Building focused account plans that ensure new business development and maintain account growth
- Orchestrating VMware’s internal resources to drive sales cycles
- Leveraging company-wide sales, marketing and demand generation activities, while managing a diverse set of partners within your territory
- Accurate forecasting and maintenance of internal sales systems as the opportunity owner and ensuring communication on pipeline status of all revenue streams to line management.
- Closing sales opportunities and negotiating commercial terms and conditions.
- Acting as an evangelist for VMware solutions, services and brand.
- Utilize VMware EPIC2 values (Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers, Community) to conduct day to day business
- Extensive and relevant experience of selling SaaS and enterprise software solutions to enterprises within a high-tech environment
- Track record of building and maintaining relationships and credibility as a trusted advisor at C level
- Direct knowledge of key accounts contacts in the territory
- Knowledge of the partner landscape in the territory
- Proven history of sales achievement and delivery against target
- Great relationship skills, tenacity, resilience and inter-personal/presentation skills
- Must be able to demonstrate experience of leading virtual teams and orchestrating resource for maximum effect
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively present to both technical and executive audiences
- BA/BS degree or higher, or equivalent job-related experience
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Field Sales
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-04-16
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2101625Apply Now