Employment Type: Permanent
Working on part time basis (50%) and reporting to the President of the IATA Pension Foundations, the Pension Manager is responsible for the daily administration of the 2 IATA Pension Foundations (400 active members in total) in Switzerland and also acts as Secretary to the Foundation’s two councils and various standing committees.
The Pension Manager provides essential support to the decision-making of the President and members of the Foundation’s two councils, oversees the provision of outsourced administration, actuarial, tax and asset management services, and ensures that the Foundation is compliant with the Swiss tax and pension regulations.
Manager of daily operations
- Oversee day-to-day administration of the 2 IATA Pension Funds and ensure that the external pension administrator provides high level service to employees
- Manage on-going treasury transactions, including validation of suppliers’ invoices, approval of payments and funds transfers;
Manage external service providers and ensure services are delivered according to service agreements;
Act as point of contact for IATA employees on pension matters, provide information to new hires and update corporate intranet page to maintain up to date pension information;
- Oversee customer service for IATA retirees;
- Liaise with internal departments (HR, payroll) and external providers on operational matters, annual valuation and audit process, taxes and asset management matters.
Secretary to the Foundation Council and standing committees
- Convene, prepare, coordinate, minute and report on meetings of the Councils and committees;
- Monitor progress and ensure completion of the actions requested by the Council and committees;
- Ensure compliance with external audit, tax and Swiss pension regulations, including the maintenance and regulatory filing of key scheme documents;
- Liaise with supervisory authority for any regulatory matter;
- Supervise membership of the Councils, including election of employee representatives and Registre du Commerce compliance;
- Facilitate training to new Council members and source regular training for existing members.
- You have at least 5-7 years’ relevant work experience of managing pension schemes in Switzerland;
- You have a university degree or equivalent diploma with specialty in actuarial science, finance, pension administration or other relevant field;
- You have strong communication skills (written and oral), a great service mindset and ability to work cross culturally;
- You are a self-starter with demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision and have outstanding organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize.
- You are fluent in English and French.
Travel Required: N
Diversity and Inclusion are one of our key priorities and we want to role model it. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills in which you can contribute at your best and be who you are. The more inclusive we are, the better we will be able to thrive to represent, lead and service the airline industry. If there is anything we can do to create a more comfortable interview experience for you, please let us know.
Learn more about IATA’s role in the industry, our benefits, and the team at iata/careers/. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Apply nowShareSave Job