Data and Business Intelligence Engineer (80 - 100%), Zurich or Geneva
Schellenberg Wittmer is looking for a Data and Business Intelligence Engineer (80 – 100%) to join its Digital and Innovation team.
As a key member of an inter-disciplinary team of technology, business and legal professionals, the position offers you an exciting opportunity to drive technological and business innovation in a leading Swiss business law firm with an international and domestic client base.
The position is based in our offices in Zurich or Geneva with regular travels to the other location.
Main responsibilities include:
- Identifying, with the Head Digital and Innovation and business stakeholders, data engineering and business intelligence priorities, requirements and expected outcomes.
- Managing and enhancing the firm's data engineering and BI platforms and tools.
- Designing and managing ETL processes to collect, transform, integrate and provision data from various sources.
- Implementing processes and tools to improve data quality.
- Modeling, analyzing and visualizing data and transforming it into actionable insights for our management, business units and clients.
- Implementing self-service BI capabilities for business units.
- Contributing to the analysis and automation of business processes.
- Contributing to the evaluation and supporting the application of new technologies in a legal services environment (including machine learning and predictive analytics).
- Participating in IT projects with the responsibility for data integrations and migrations, and contributing to business requirements analysis and solution design.
- Working with the firm's Information Security team to ensure adherence to security policies and procedures to safeguard the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the firm's data.
Required professional experience and skills:
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Business Intelligence, Data Science, Business Informatics, or related fields.
- 2+ years of work experience in designing, developing and managing data engineering, data analytics and business intelligence solutions. Prior work experience in a law firm, a professional services firm or in the LegalTech environment is a plus.
- Mastery of relevant technical skills, including design and administration of databases, data warehouses and ETL processes, as well as data modeling, analysis and visualization.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, SSRS, SSIS and SSAS is a must. Experience with Tableau, IBM Cognos and Alteryx Designer is a plus.
- Experience with data mining, predictive analytics, machine learning and blockchain technologies is a plus.
- Professional command of written and spoken English is a must; command of German and/or French is a plus.
Required personal skills:
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills.
- Excellent listening skills and ability to effectively communicate BI problems and results to business stakeholders at all levels.
- Pragmatic and results oriented approach.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Ability to perform in a team with the ability to build trust and respect amongst colleagues.
- Positive attitude, proactive, reliable, open-minded and keen to learn new things.
If you are interested in joining our team, Christine Joseph, Human Resources Zurich, looks forward to receiving your application by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to her personal attention. Please feel free to contact Lars Bauer, Head Digital & Innovation for further information (see details on the right).
Associate, Head Digital & Innovation
+41 44 215 email@example.com
+41 44 215 firstname.lastname@example.org
LinkedIn Twitter Xing Facebook
Copy linkLink copied