Bioproduction Account Manager (m/f/d)
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
We are currently recruiting for a
Bioproduction Account Manager (m/f/d)
Switzerland / Remote
We are looking for a dynamic and creative salesperson to join our European team to help develop and grow the robust and dynamic Bioproduction market in Switzerland
Reporting to the Senior Sales manager for EMEA Central region, you will be responsible for the sales of our entire Bioproduction portfolio.
How will you make an impact?
Our philosophy is a one of empowerment and accountability where you will be provided with the tools and local support to be successful in providing our Customers the best-in-class solutions in biopharmaceutical manufacturing.
We offer great personal development and career opportunities through this highly influential role and via the broad Thermo Fisher commercial organization.
What will you do?
How will you get here?
- Influence the use and evaluation of our Bioproduction products to Industrial Biopharmaceutical and Biotech organizations
- The role requires selling at all levels with the technical, manufacturing and commercial stakeholders all requiring a distinct sales approach with these partners
- Must have a consultative approach to enable design-in discussions using our open architecture model to build custom solutions
- Maintain and grow business within existing key accounts as well as having curiosity to seek new relationships in less well known segment areas
- Manage Key Accounts with key influencers based in the region, some of which may span to other global geographies
- Together with Sales Manager, build and execute on a Strategic Sales Plan in the territory
- Can use judgement and prioritization to bring in the appropriate resources to drive sales objectives
- Is comfortable with a hunter-selling environment and effectively collaborates with other teams to ensure we deliver the necessary details to bring new proposals to customers
- Competes for all existing and develops new sales opportunities within the territory to meet or exceed targets
- Work closely with the Field Applications group to ensure the correct support allocation to key evaluations and projects in the region
- Provide accurate forecast and lost order reporting as well as competitive information
- Several years of selling into the Bioproduction market and or industry related experience is preferred
- Established sales history and relationships with the upstream and downstream process development group within key biopharmaceutical accounts in the region would be desirable
- Strong technical skills to discuss and support requirements in the workflows in the field of Cell and Gene Therapy, recombinant Proteins and Monoclonal antibodies within Process Development, Pilot Plants and manufacturing sciences
- Must be able to develop and maintain strong relationships with accounts within the territory
- Must have the ability to develop knowledge of accounts and key Customers and to interpret Customer's needs and identify solutions
- Strong analytical skills needed to analyze territory sales data and technical information
- Requires the ability to perform independently and as part of a team
- Experience of using a CRM system such as Salesforce.com
- Willingness to travel extensively throughout the region
- Life science degree or equivalent
- Fluent in German and English
- Employment with an innovative, future-oriented organisation
- Outstanding career and development prospects
- Company pension scheme and other fringe benefits
- Exciting company culture which stands for integrity, intensity, involvement and innovation
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or any other legally protected Status.