Job DescriptionThe Management Reporting Group is responsible to drive Alcon’s management reporting strategy in close alignment with Global FRA (Financial Reporting and Accounting) / BPA (Business Planning and Analysis) teams, ensuring delivery of best-in-class financial systems and solutions to Alcon Management.
The MRG team manages in collaboration with the other teams within C&R ensure Alcon’s Financial Data meets management’s needs.
The role of the Senior Reporting Operations Analyst (Financial Reporting) is to maintain and further develop applications owned by MRG (e.g. SAP BW / BPC systems: MAAP-FCRS, MAAP-APMR, ASPIRE).
Key responsibilities revolve around the financial month-end close and ensuring that the applications contain the correct financial information used within Alcon.
This includes system master data maintenance, data validations and working with IT to resolve any incidences with the applications. In addition, provide user support and training on the applications to ensure users primarily in ASIA and EMEA regions are successful in efficiently pulling financial data and improving report productivity. The role would also support the MRG team related to system enhancements or cross-functional projects.
• Manage the day to day operations of the management reporting systems, in a timely and accurate manner, meeting all business timelines and information/analytic needs
o Primary application owner for ADWH MAAP/MORE– FCRS and MAAP – APMR applications, OneFTE reporting and ASPIRE balance sheet and cash flow reporting
o Ownership of master data activities within ADWH for alignment to FCRS schedules, APMR accounts and management of reporting units / market codes
• Perform operational activities on all supported tools, with hand-off between locations and time-zones to provide continuous global coverage
• Primary MRG Swiss time zone associate to liaise with other C&R team members to ensure system alignments and month-end key reporting deliverables are timely met. Includes support for C&R process and reporting optimizations.
• Develop an end-2-end understanding of the Alcon Financial Data flows (ERP Master data configuration, consolidation to External/Internal financial reporting)
• Provide back-up support as needed for cross-location and cross-application support for other MRG team members
• Coordinate with IT resources to resolve system incidents and to provide enhancements or projects on the tools.
• Contain a simplification and automation mindset to help drive efficiencies within the MRG team.
• Support internal customers to effectively analyze business performance and recommend areas for improvement
Minimum requirements• University Degree ideally in accounting, finance, or economics
• Fluent in spoken and written English
• At least 3-5 years working experience for a senior analyst in performance management systems, financial reporting and analysis, or financial planning and analysis roles in a multinational organization
• Knowledge of financial consolidation principles necessary, dealing with multiple currencies and FX scenarios
• Knowledge of IFRS accounting standards
• Excellent analytical ability with experience of creation and discussion of financial performance KPIs
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Experience with SAP BW, SAP BPC, Qlikview is advantageous
• Experience of working in multicultural / international environment
Business UnitNON-NVS AL FINANCE & CONTROL
Company/Legal EntityALCON PH LTD CHE
Functional AreaAudit & Finance
Job TypeFull Time