Application Scientist for Plant Proteins
Application Scientist for Plant Proteins
You work in Kemptthal, Switzerland. You are part of the Global S&T Organization and report to the Category Technical Leader for Plant Proteins.The primary focus of this position is to apply your experience to contribute to visible and important research projects in meat analogue through prototypes and applications development work.
Sound interesting? It could well be your perfect opportunity if you, like us, always aim to exceed customer needs, provide value and are experienced at building relationships.
Demonstrate Technical Expertise:
- Support development and application of flavor solutions
- Support research projects and evaluations to select optimal ingredients for the final applications, including flavors, delivery systems, and functional ingredients to meet markets and customers requirements
- Help develop new applications in edible proteins, and meat analogues focusing on physico-chemical properties, texturization, processing, and product prototype development
- Bring forward suggestions and ideas for new investigations and future research activities
- Work at pilot extruder plant; plan and support extrusion trials in collaboration with other users
- Gain trust and respect with our experts in your area and use these relationships to further identify and build collaborative opportunities
- Be a project team member and support team projects; build diverse relationships among other technologists and scientists
Manage laboratory activities and projects:
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized lab environment following safety policies and hold others accountable for following these guidelines
- Participate in project and functional group meetings
- Contribute to project planning and documentation
- Develop smaller and exploitative research projects
- Design, plan and execute technical experiments
- Manage Projects
- Prepare presentations for internal meetings addressing technical and nontechnical audiences
- Support customer’s visits and events by preparing products and technologies demos or contributing to presentations
Are you someone who wants to shape your world? Who excels being in a multinational culture where you can express yourself in a creative team environment? Who wants to collaborate and work in a team as passionate as you are? Then join us - and improve your world.
- A University degree in Food Science, Engineering, Protein Chemistry, Polymer Science or Materials Science, and 4+ years the job training; or a Master’s of Science degree and 2 years job training, Culinary or culinology degree is a plus.
- Proven laboratory experimentals skills
- Hands-on experience operating meat analogue and edible protein processing equipment (e.g. screw extruder) is a plus
- Experience formulating and developing meat analogue prototypes at the laboratory scale;pilot plant experience is a plus
- Experience building relationship
- Knowledge in food or flavor science, experience in nutrition is a plus
- Desire to voice issues and needs
- Experience translating technical reports and research to non-technical audiences
- Variable pension fund contributions
- Continuous learning and professional growth
- Sport and leisure club
- Company shop Access to exclusive perfumes and employee shop with discounts
- Staff restaurant
- Bike Badge
Diversity drives innovation and creates closer connections with our employees, customers and partners.
Givaudan embraces diversity and is committed to building an inclusive environment where every-one impacts our world.
Your future employer?
Givaudan is the global leader in the creation of flavours and fragrances. In close collaboration with food, beverage, consumer product and fragrance partners, Givaudan develops tastes and scents that delight consumers the world over. With a passion to understand consumers' preferences and a relentless drive to innovate, Givaudan is at the forefront of creating flavours and fragrances that 'engage your senses'. The Company achieved sales of CHF 5.5 billion in 2018. Headquartered in Switzerland with local presence in over 145 locations, the company has almost 13,600 employees worldwide. Givaudan invites you to discover more at www.givaudan.com..