Dermal Absorption & Acute Toxicity Study Manager
Dermal Absorption & Acute Toxicity Study Manager - (18019635)
Syngenta is leading science-based agtech company; dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture.
Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture
We are looking to expand our team and have an opportunity for a Dermal Absorption and Acute Toxicity Study Monitor in the area of toxicology and safety assessment. Working within Product Safety, Toxicology, you will monitor studies carried out by partners in contract research organisations (CRO).
To be successful you will have a degree in a science discipline, ideally at post graduate level, or have equivalent work experience, you will have excellent organisational skills to manage multiple studies.
- To monitor studies for dermal absorption and acute toxicity (in vitro and in vivo) outsourced to several CRO in support of product registration risk assessments
- To estimate the acute toxicity potential using in silico methods (ATE calculations)
- To coordinate and oversee all aspects of outsourced safety studies, including communicating with study directors at the CRO and internal project leads, reviewing study plans and reports, and carrying out scientific monitoring during study conduct.
- To develop further scientific, technical, and, if applicable, regulatory excellence of all outsourced studies from initialisation to reporting within agreed timelines and budget.
- To ensure the excellent and proactive communication and collaboration with the project lead and human safety risk assessors.
- To proactively develop solutions for emerging issues and ensuring the appropriate escalation of any issues as necessary.
- To enable/facilitate CRO evaluation, including documentation of study-based visits as necessary.
- To maintain a strong link with the respective Product Safety platforms and be part of a network of technical experts
- Responsible for the thorough management and monitoring of safety studies (primarily on dermal absorption and acute toxicity): design, initiation, scheduling, protocol development, interactions with CRO.
- Monitor the study progress with CROs, circulate relevant documents to all contributing scientists, analyze, interpret, contextualize and present the results and ensure the on-time release of the pivotal final report.
- Record, escalate, and manage study-related issues, including their resolution together with internal/external subject matter experts.
- Offer with enthusiasm the expertise in dermal absorption study knowledge to internal customers and gain expertise in other toxicology-related fields.
Qualifications and experience:
- Degree in Natural Science, chemistry, toxicology or pharmacology, preferably with post-graduate qualifications (MSc, PhD)
- Familiar with or motivated to learn about study monitor/director role for human safety studies preferably for in vivo and in vitro dermal adsorption and/or acute toxicity studies within a CRO, agroindustry, cosmetics or pharmaceutical industry
- Expertise in a technical discipline (e.g. toxicology, human safety, biochemistry) and/or risk assessment.
- Familiarity with global registration requirements and regulatory science issues of advantage.
- Fluent in English including a high level of written communication skills; skills in other languages of advantage.
In return for your skills and knowledge Syngenta will offer:
- Exciting opportunities to work in the discipline of consumer safety
- Become part of a global multi-disciplinary team
- Work in a dynamic environment where regulations change and constantly challenge our ways of thinking
- The opportunity to approach scientific challenges with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Continuous learning experience and growth opportunities in an international company
- Work flexibly (local office, flexible working hours) based on level of experience
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
: G06-Jealotts Hill Int. Research Cen Jealotts Hill Int. Research Cen Bracknell RG42 6EY
: R&D - Research