Sourcing & External Supply Integration (ESI) Finance Business Partner (m/f/d)
With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
CSL Behring is a global biotherapeutics leader driven by its promise to save lives.
We are currently looking for a
Sourcing & External Supply Integration (ESI) Finance Business Partner
In this role you lead financial planning, product costing and decision support for the Lengnau site and for the Thermo Fisher Scientific (TFS) contract manufacturing operation in Europe. This requires the development of strong business partner relationships with leaders in Sourcing, External Supply Integration (ESI) and Operations to perform business case evaluations and to manage various financial issues related to the TFS contractual partnership and the financial operation of the Lengnau legal entity.
You report to the Director Finance, E2E Operations – Supply Chain, ESI and Sourcing. In this role you have no direct reports but your Key Relationships include E2E Finance Leadership Team, Thermo Fisher Scientific (TFS) CMO Partners, Sourcing Leadership Team, ESI Leadership Team, Financial Planning & Analysis CoE and Accounting Operations.
In detail, your responsibilities include:
- Provide the Sourcing and ESI leadership teams and those that support that Lengnau site with finance guidance and decision-making support (including regular business reviews) for planning cycles and targets informed through analysis of key drivers of business and sensitivities, business cases and trends
- Support manager and E2E Finance Leadership Team as they develop budgets and forecasts by helping understand the financial impacts of their plans and decisions as well providing advice about the Global Finance Calendar and key delivery dates, with a focus on the activities for the Lengnau site, and ongoing CMO evaluations/projects in the EU
- Provide ongoing ESI CMO relationship tracking and reporting to ESI team with additional narratives, insights and comments to assist managers to meet and exceed their performance targets
- Clearly define customer needs and review both ad-hoc and routine reporting and analytics to ensure they meets internal customers’ needs and are well understood
- Serve as the primary Finance Business Partner for the ongoing activities at the Lengnau site following its transition to TFS, with responsibility for product costing, inventory management and the Stainless Steel CAPEX project, as well as cost center planning for ComOps, R&D and other functions that will maintain a presence following the transition
- Collaborate with the Sourcing group to evaluate savings opportunities and achievement on a monthly basis, ensuring initiatives align with defined methods of capture
- Contribute to various projects, as required, to improve the business, Function or Finance’s performance, as well as support the development of analytical financial models for evaluation of business opportunities, resource allocation, innovation, cost savings, and operational efficiencies
- Champion the use of advanced analytics, articulate data analytics requirements, and actively support global analytics initiatives
- Report, analyze, and integrate data from various sources into key insights that drive strategic decision making at the executive level
Who you are:
You are a passionate finance business stakeholder and ensure an appropriate support level for Manufacturing and lead programs and projects successfully by your proactive and self-responsible approach. You take decisions and drive progress forward.
The below competencies furthermore contribute to your success:
- University Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline; MBA or other advanced degree in Accounting Qualification preferred. Professional certification (CPA/CMA)
- 5+ years’ experience in Finance roles, with extensive experience in budgeting and forecasting, analysis, including the development of business cases and some more complex financial analyses in a Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Research or Commercial environment or similar industry
- Sound interpersonal skills and the ability to influence your stakeholders
- Ability to think through issues and execute solutions within globally integrated processes
- Strong analytical thinking and great organizational agility
- Timely decision making and priority setting
- Ability to effectively work cross-functionally and across all levels in a global organization
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships and collaborate effectively with multiple levels and cross functionally within a site