SENIOR IOT SYSTEM ENGINEER
SENIOR IOT SYSTEM ENGINEER (TECHNOLOGY)
Start: As soon as possible
Location: Zürich, 100%
THE FELFEL TECHNOLOGY TEAM & YOUR IMPACT
FELFEL is a startup based in Zürich, Switzerland. The company has revolutionized how people eat at work with its intelligent technology - the FELFEL fridge. The company is among the fastest growing startups in Switzerland with over 60 employees.
Our Technology team - currently consisting of 10 engineers - has built the heart of FELFEL's product and is responsible for our success as a leading European foodtech company. In this role, you will work very directly with the CTO, our founders and other teams at FELFEL (product, growth, sales, support, etc.) to improve the experience for our end customers eating at work every day, as well as the internal users of our technology.
- Overall responsibility to shape & execute the technical roadmap of the IoT stack used to provide the point-of-sales (POS) functionality of the FELFEL fridge.
- Maintain & evolve the native Android application providing the fridge-side end user experience & inventory management functions.
- Engage with external contractor to improve overall stability & reliability of the POS hardware as well as development of the next generation hardware platform.
- Maintain & improve reliability of POS connectivity by intelligently employing available wireless & wired transports and higher level protocols.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to improve the end user experience and operational efficiency of the point-of-sales system.
- Consolidate IoT telemetry collection and analytics.
- Maintain secure bi-directional communication between POS and backend for application communication & remote acccess.
- Establish scaleable procedures & rollout protocols for IoT system updates.
- Improve IoT device registration & authentication frameworks.
- Integrate peripheral device such as barcode & NFC scanners, sensors, door locks etc. with the system.
- Improve the existing offline capabilities of the POS system by establishing a robust data synchronisation regime.
- Coordinate with our backend engineers to evolve the APIs required by the POS system.
- Work with field engineers to identify & mitigate system and connectivity related stability issues.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You are very comfortable working at the intersection of hardware and software, having significant interest & experience in both areas.
- You have relevant experience in the development of native mobile applications.
- You understand Internet-based networking, starting from the different wireless and wired transports up the protocol stack to routing and security.
- You know how to integrate peripherals devices using different interfaces & protocols, such as USB, I2C, SPI and raw GPIO.
- You like to work closely with internal stakeholders on specification, implementation and testing of new features as well as troubleshooting field devices.
- You can manage external contractors in specification, development & manufacturing of hardware components.
- You are comfortable taking on responsibility for live productions systems with 24x7 uptime.
- You have a degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- You thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and domain experts.
- Curiosity is key. We like to learn new stuff, fail fast and explore new territories - so do you.
- Your attitude is positive. ‘The Answer is Yes’.
- You are fluent in written and spoken English. If you speak German and/or French - even better.
- Authentic love & passion for good food.
- You don’t smoke during the work day.
- EU/EFTA or Swiss work permit.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Lots of good (like really good ;)) food. Just steps away from your desk – we make all food dreams come true…
- Barista: Our office barista makes fresh coffee & tea for the whole team every day: be it Cappuccino, Americano, Espresso, Chai or Matcha – whatever you prefer the most!
- Holidays: Enjoy 5 weeks of holidays every year
- Birthday retreat: On top of your 5 weeks off, take a half day off work to enjoy your birthday
- Transport: We encourage employees to use public transport by financing the half-fare card
- Family: FELFEL is a family business with strong values and traditions. We support parenting by giving 1 week of holidays for new dads, 16 weeks for new mums, and paying for up to two days per week of child care
- People: A great international & diverse team (20 different nationalities!) of talented people who turn their passion into a career (English is our company language)
- Location: We are located in the heart of Zurich - on the top floor in a bright, open office // We are located in the heart of Lausanne - a lovely office with a beautiful view. Every now and then, get the chance to work from your second office and enjoy an evening in a different city ;)
- Makers. We are looking for people who want to make a difference - Ownership is an important FELFEL credo.
- Fun. We 'host' various events, including team aperitifs, sleigh rides, breakfast events and the well-known FELFEL summer & winter-outings… In the summer days we offer working outside in the lake beach clubs or similar locations for a refreshing working day :)
- Modern way of working. We use the latest technologies and offer time flexibility to individual team members (it matters ‘what’ you do, not ‘when’ in the day).
- Relocation support if you are based outside of Switzerland. We know that moving can be a challenge in terms of housing & documentation – we will do our best to make it as smooth as possible.
- Deep & variegated tech stack - we do everything from monitoring fridge temperature to creating management dashboards.
HOW YOU APPLY:
Interested? Please click on the link “APPLY NOW” and introduce your details in the form on careers.felfel.ch We can only consider applications submitted via the form and we will get back to you latest 72 hours after your submission.
What do we need? CV & short cover letter where you explain why you are our new Senior IOT System Engineer.
WHO WE ARE, THE FELFEL COMPANY
FELFEL revolutionizes how people eat at work with smart technology. Our intelligent fridge makes it possible - good food all day long for employees at work, created by the best local chefs.
Over 50'000 employees at more than 400 companies in Switzerland already benefit from a FELFEL fridge at work.
FELFEL is a family-owned company and supports small, local producers in Switzerland. Sustainability is a core company value. The company has won several prestigious awards, among others the Swiss Economic Forum Award in 2017.
The company was founded in 2013 and counts over 80 employees today. Friendship, respect, 'eating good food together' are key elements of our company culture. You can find more insights on the company and the team onLinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and of course our website.