Legal Counsel, AWS EMEA
Amazon’s Legal Department is looking for a talented public procurement lawyer to support Amazon Web Services (AWS) in selling to public sector customers throughout the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region, with a primary focus on supporting AWS public sector sales and procurement compliance in Switzerland and central Europe. AWS is at the forefront of the cloud computing industry, providing IT infrastructure services, such as on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, database services, and more to private and public sector customers.
You will be responsible for reviewing, negotiating, and drafting a wide range of technology contracts and subcontracts with public and private sector customers, including licensing, teaming, reseller and framework agreements and responses to requests for proposals and tenders. You will also develop and support internal policies and training programs relating to public procurement compliance.
In this role, you will work directly with Sales, Public Policy, and Security Assurance teams, providing day-to-day advice for senior executives and other business members on government contracting issues, resolving queries that arise in existing relationships, and handling pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries. The successful candidate will be proactive, entrepreneurial, enjoy being challenged, have strong written and oral communication skills, and demonstrate sound, pragmatic judgment in ambiguous situations.
The role is based in Zurich, Switzerland. International travel may be required.
· Qualified and admitted to practice law in Switzerland.
· Minimum 5 years of transactional legal experience.
· Previous work experience in a law firm, government, or in-house at a technology company.
· Knowledge and understanding of EU public procurement directives, rules, and procedures.
· Experience engaging with government contracting officials, system integrators, prime contractors, subcontractors, and resellers.
· Professional fluency in English and (Swiss) German, written and spoken.
· Excellent communication, drafting and negotiation skills.
· A successful candidate must be enthusiastic, fast learning, self-motivated, enjoy working hard and being challenged, able to work independently and at times with little supervision, and demonstrate sound judgment in challenging and ambiguous situations.
· Familiarity with cloud computing, IT infrastructure and telecommunications.
· Knowledge of procurement processes and contracting laws, rules, and regulations applicable to the European Commission.
· Fluency in any additional European languages.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.