The Adolphe Merkle Institute (AMI) is seeking an IT engineer who will develop and support the data management needs of the AMI. This includes in particular the development of a new data management strategy and infrastructure, which the Institute iintends to put into place over the coming 1-2 years. Furthermore, this position includes general hardware and software support for the AMI.
We offer an interesting work environment in a dynamic, young, internationally excellent scientific institute in Fribourg. The position provides flexible working conditions and good social benefits. We will support your further training and additional qualifications.
- Review of the current IT practices at the AMI.
- Recommendations for the implementation of new data management practices in accordance with Swiss National Science Foundation rules.
- Evaluation of commercial data management and electronic lab-book solutions suitable for the AMI.
- Implementation and maintenance of a new data management solution.
- Maintenance and further development of the AMI web page and its database.
- Management of the AMI IT system (hardware and software).
- IT user support.
- Based at the AMI, the above activities will take place in close coordination with the IT services of the University of Fribourg, and with the staff of the National Center of Competence in Research (NCCR) Bio-Inspired Materials at the same location.
- You have a Bachelor or Master degree in computer science, or a similar qualification. We will consider applications from candidates who have recently received their degree, if they can demonstrate the ability to carry out the above tasks.
- Experience with data management responsibilities, IT support and/or experience working in a scientific setting are an advantage.
- You have a good grasp of the operation and maintenance of IT systems and you are able to carry our small software and web development tasks.
- You have an independent and proactive approach to problem solving and you take pride in creating innovative solutions that work well and are accepted by the stake holders (AMI personnel and students).
- You enjoy working with people and helping them solve their IT issues.
- Your working style is creative and dynamic, and you can successfully implement and lead projects with multiple partners.
- You are bilingual in English/German or English/French.
Immediately or at a date to be determined
Applications (until December 5) should be sent to Catherine Jungo, Chief Administrative Officer, either at email@example.com or
Chief Administrative Officer
Adolphe Merkle Institute
University of Fribourg
Chemin des Verdiers 4
1700 Fribourg / Switzerland
For any queries related to the position, please contact Prof. Ullrich Steiner, firstname.lastname@example.org or +41 26 300 95 03