Consultant / Senior Consultant
Technology – Wireline Network Designing
Location – Zurich Switzerland
Today, the corporate landscape is dynamic, and the world ahead is full of possibilities! None of the amazing things we do at Infosys would be possible without an equally amazing culture, the environment where ideas can flourish and where you are empowered to move forward as far as your ideas will take you.
At Infosys, we assure that your career will never stand still, we will inspire you to build what’s next and we will navigate further together. Our journey of learnability, values and trusted relationships with our clients continue to be the cornerstones of our organization and these values are upheld only because of our people.
Short Description – Solid professional experience in Wireline Network Designing. Primarily responsible for releasing low level access and core network designs with a focused designing skill on HFC, FTTH, Passive optical networking, SDH, CWDM/DWDM architectures.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Analyze and review field survey inputs & high-level plan created by planners.
- Generate Low Level designs (Detailed Design) in Physical Network Inventory (PNI) systems.
- Capacity check & reservation of physical infrastructure network elements in PNI.
- Generate detailed construction artefacts - LLD brief, final splicing and termination plans, Bill of Materials, straight line diagrams and release work packages
- Support construction partners for any design clarifications.
- As built documentation and review Infield design variations from the field partners and update the changes in PNI.
- Ensure data integrity of the documented network changes in physical /logical network inventory systems.
- Effective co-ordination and daily interactions with different internal/external teams like Planning primes, Field Project Managers, Project Office teams, Supply chain management teams etc. and clarifying the queries related to the generated designs in a time bound manner.
- 3+ years of Telecom network planning experience with major Telco across globe
- In-depth understanding of end-to-end telecommunication network solutions and services.
- Demonstrates subject matter expertise on designing different network technology architecture like HFC, RFoG, XPON, Transport networks – SDH, DWDM, CWDM etc.
- Demonstrate working experience in industry leading physical network inventory tools.
- Good experience in usage of CAD based design platforms and working knowledge of Geospatial tools
- Demonstrates excellent communication, stakeholder engagement and technical writing skills.
- Hands-on knowledge on any of the following PNI systems and GIS tools - ArcGIS, Netinfo, AND, CableScout, Netcracker & Geonis GIS
- Experience working within engineering teams in an Agile/SAFe or other business process driven environment.
- Local Language Knowledge (German/French)
- Engineering Bachelors or master’s degree level or equivalent.
Infosys is a global leader in next-generation digital services and consulting. We enable clients in 46 countries to navigate their digital transformation.
With nearly four decades of experience in managing the systems and workings of global enterprises, we expertly steer our clients through their digital journey. We do it by enabling the enterprise with an AI-powered core that helps prioritize the execution of change. We also empower the business with agile digital at scale to deliver unprecedented levels of performance and customer delight. Our always-on learning agenda drives their continuous improvement through building and transferring digital skills, expertise, and ideas from our innovation ecosystem.
To learn more about Infosys and see our ideas in action please visit us at www.Infosys.com
“All aspects of employment at Infosys are based on merit, competence and performance. We are committed to embracing diversity and creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Infosys is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.”