Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Eaton’s 2019 revenues were $21.4 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries.
Our R&D Centre in St.Gallen is Eaton's Industrial Controls & Protection Division (ICPD) with focus on development, production and sales support of automation products, software solutions for machine building sector.
We are looking for a
Your projects will cover:
Successful execution of projects related to New Product Introduction (NPI) and Value Analysis/Value Engineering (VAVE).
Leading the Integrated Product Team (IPT) to drive customer satisfaction, continuous improvement and life of the project financial performance by managing customer projects, contracts, and business relationships.
Managing projects across multiple sites with design and manufacturing teams across the globe.
· Monitors the profit and loss of projects. Responsibility, Authority and Accountability (RAA) for every project scope delivery and successful execution within technical, schedule, cost and quality commitments.
· Executes IPT leadership across the project(s). Seeks team input to promote rapid resolution to issues. Coaches and provides feedback/rewards on performance indicators.
· Establishes objectives and goals and provides direction to project teams in areas of customer concerns, potential changes in scope and risk assessment.
· Initiates feasibility commitments for new programs, develops investment and timing requirements,
· Manages effective communications. Improves organization responsiveness to customer requirements. Manages customer expectations and commitments internal to the business.
· Ensures standard program management processes are utilized and adequate to support the project execution and teams; Coordinates project reviews, prepares and publishes program management metrics and reports whilst maintaining the metrics for the project.
· Provides periodic project updates (Project Status Report) of current situation relating to contractual milestones and problem/high risk areas (e.g. technical, cost, and schedule). Provides updates to the business units as well as divisional and sector levels.
· Manages the scope and specification for the project taking into account the need of customer, stakeholders and in collaboration with the Program Management Office (PMO).
· Reports project progress and information, performs project reviews, identifies risks and deviations, and obtains solutions.
· Performs PROLaunch Stage Gate reviews. Drives project team to encourage ownership and take responsibility for each functional area in line with the PROLaunch process
We would appreciate this expertise:
· Bachelor’s degree required; Engineering or Business degree preferred
· Min 5 years’ experience in Program Management; or a combination of Program Management with some Engineering, Operational and/or Product Management
· Experienced in electrical New Product Introduction (NPI) and/or Operational projects; Experience in project management including Electronics and/or Firmware/Software development desirable
· Broad knowledge of the electrical industry; Knowledge of the automation industry highly desirable
· Knowledge and experience in program management methodologies, processes and tools
· Project Management Institute (PMI) accreditation (PMP) or equivalent recommended
· Excellent communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written, with ability to make necessary status reports and technical presentations to customer and Eaton management
· Fluent in English and German languages
We can offer:
· International, successful company offering opportunities of career development
· Modern, professional environment with open communication culture
· Great opportunity to develop creativity and utilize your experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Program / Project Management
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time