Senior Food Safety Microbiology Specialist
Nestlé Operational Services Worldwide SAKonolfingen
Publication date:24 March 2023
The Nestlé Group is the world's largest food and beverage company with 92.6 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2019. It is present in 187 countries around the world, has 403 factories and its 291'000 employees are committed to Nestlé's purpose of enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Nestlé offers a wide portfolio of products and services for people and their pets throughout their lives. Its more than 2000 brands range from global icons like Nescafé or Nespresso to local favourites. Company performance is driven by its Nutrition, Health and Wellness strategy. Nestlé is based in the Swiss town of Vevey where it was founded more than 150 years ago. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on www.nestle.com
Senior Food Safety Microbiology Specialist
Location: Konolfingen, Switzerland
Company: Nestlé Product & Technology Centre for Nutrition
Act. Rate: Full-Time Act. Rate 100%
Type of contract: Permanent contract
What we offer at Nestlé
Flexible work policies in terms of core hours and working from home. Please talk to us during the recruitment process about what flexibility could look like for you!
Genuine opportunities for career and personal development
Modern "smart office" locations providing agile & collaborative workspaces
Dynamic international working environment
Attractive additional benefits
At Nestlé Research and Development in Konolfingen near Bern / Switzerland, we develop for Nestlé worldwide, new products, processes, and packaging concepts in the areas of Dairy and Nutrition. In addition, we also provide technical assistance to our factories.
The Nestlé Product and Technology Center (NPTC) Nutrition is part of the Nestlé Strategic Business Unit Nutrition. Our mission is to nurture a Healthier Generation. We will achieve this by leading the way in research and development of science-proven nutrition solutions. At the heart of our mission is the knowledge and understanding that nutrition in the first 1'000 days of life, from conception, through pregnancy and throughout the child's first two years of life - has a direct and significant impact on health and performance in later life. Our product portfolio includes such trusted and well-recognized brands as MATERNA, NAN, NIDO, NESTOGEN, LACTOGEN, GERBER, CERELAC, SMA and ILLUMA.
As a Senior Food Safety Microbiology Specialist, you will:
- Ensure Microbiological Quality and Food Safety by Design, in Innovation and Renovation projects focused on shelf-stable products
- Develop, update, and validate relevant analytical methods (i.e., sterility testing), Standards and Guidelines
- Guide or lead microbiology related topics for powder, aseptic and retort processing (incl. line or process validation, and troubleshooting)
- Organize and deliver technical support activities to markets and provide training in field of competence (knowledge transfer)
- Explore new technologies, including digital and no-touch to improve current processes or define new ways of working
- Provide expert advice in crisis prevention and management as required
What will make you successful
- University graduate (Ph.D. highly preferred) in Food Science and Technology or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of international experience in R&D / operations / academia
- Experience in analytical microbiology and food safety microbiology
- Experience in managing of research programs and projects
- Excellent communication skills
- Good knowledge of Aseptic-UHT process and predictive microbiology is a plus
- Fluent in English, other languages will be a plus
At Nestlé, we want to help shape a better and healthier world, inspire people to live healthier lives and deliver impact at a scale and pace that makes a difference. We do this by fostering a diverse, friendly, supportive, and collaborative environment, that creates positive disruption, embraces innovation, and empowers people and teams to win.
We aim to hire friendly, respectful, inspiring people who care about the people's lives that we touch every single day.
Be a force for good. Join Nestlé and visit us on www.nestle.com.
We offer a dynamic, inclusive, and international working environment with many opportunities across different companies, functions, and regions. Don't miss the opportunity to join us and work with different teams in an agile and diverse context.