Data Management Analyst
Publication date:03 August 2022
Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. We invite you to help us shape the future of agriculture. At Syngenta, we believe every employee has a role to play in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet.
Data Management Analyst
The Syngenta PT&E Data Management Analyst is a member of the Syngenta PT&E Data Management team.
You must be able to define and capture the Data Management requirements including definitions, Information Governance and Data quality requirements for all of the PT&E data assets to assure stakeholder requirements and regulatory standards.
You must be able to create and validate interpretation and evaluation of findings, conclusions, and justification from Data Management analysis activity to identify learnings for the organisation. In addition, the role holder must be able to clearly and concisely articulate such learnings along with business options and recommendations to positively influence the decision-making of peers and senior management across the organisation regarding Data Governance.
• Governance of all Syngenta PT&E data across the Syngenta PT&E business and wider organisation, ensuring that principles, policies, and controls are defined and validated following a risk-based approach, and integrated into processes, local working practices, and behaviours across the organisation and utilises best practice while complying with relevant standards relating to areas including data protection, information security, and data management
• Management of data quality and associated improvement activity to ensure that data quality (including standards such as accuracy, validity, reliability, etc) of all Syngenta PT&E data achieves and is maintained at targets sets by the Syngenta PT&E business
• Assurance that Syngenta PT&E data, KPI, and reporting definitions, meanings, interpretation, and usage is aligned across the organisation and utilises best practice through the proactive driving of collaboration between organisational functions
• Driving the evaluation and enrichment of data via various sources (both internal and external) with assessment and assurance that such data is provided and applied within contractual boundaries and performance agreements
• Identification and assessment of data management and quality tools that are fit-for-purpose for use across the organisation, driving the procurement of the best tools, leading best practice research to evolve and maximise fulfilment of tool usage potential, with provision of support to Syngenta PT&E business functions in using tools, selecting data, and analytical practice...
• Formal training and/or qualification in a Data Management or computer science discipline (degree or equivalent may have MSc / PhD) plus 3-5 years hands-on experience in similar or related roles
• Knowledge and practical experience of Operational Excellence/LEAN Six Sigma
• A broad understanding of science within the function: PT&E: Chemistry, Engineering or Biology.
• Maintain organizational awareness of PT&E and CP R&D IT functions
• Expert and demonstrable experience of Data Management and Data Quality documentation and implementation
• Experience and understanding of basic statistical analysis principles and techniques
• Experience analytical science and associated data integration
• Strong planning and organisational skills
• Good awareness of the activities of colleagues and others in own work area
• Good communication skills
• Advanced knowledge of the work practices, procedures and equipment relevant to the role which may include some formal qualification, broader industry awareness and considerable practical experience
• Good influencing and persuading skills
• Requires in-depth knowledge/experience to respond to non-routine situations and to choose the best solution or approach from a range of options, with the ability to consider the short term implications of each
• Process analysis: An ability to understand problems outlined by colleagues, extract the process they undertake from inputs (raw data, list of CSN's etc.) to required outputs & what happens at each step.
What we offer:
We offer a variety of financial and non-financial benefits including:
• We offer a position which contributes to valuable and impactful work in a stimulating and international environment
• Flexible working arrangements, a superb working environment with an open culture and diverse workforce where new ideas are always welcome
• The opportunity to work with and learn from highly qualified and experienced employees and gain scientific and technical excellence
• Learning culture (Together we Grow) and wide range of training options
• You will profit from a competitive pension fund plan, attractive bonus system, onsite doctor, fitness room, canteen, and other benefits (Family friendly initiatives, Child and Family allowance…)
Interested? We look forward to receiving your online application including all relevant documents (cover letter, CV, diploma, certificates) – reference number 18045069.
Please be aware that the job title may differ from the position title.
Learn more about our team, our mission and how we achieve our goals.
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.