SonarSource SAGeneva 15
Publication date:29 September 2022
Place of work:Geneva, 1215 Geneva 15
Sonar’s industry-leading solution enables developers and development teams to write clean code and remediate existing code organically, so they can focus on the work they love and maximize the value they generate for businesses. Its open source and commercial solutions – SonarLint, SonarCloud, and SonarQube – support 29 programming languages. Trusted by more than 300,000 organizations globally, Sonar is considered integral to delivering better software.
The impact you can have
The SonarSource Languages Team is looking for a passionate C# Developer to develop the most advanced .NET static analyzers in the world.
SonarSource’s C# code analyzer is designed to fulfill the need of any C# developer: spotting tricky code quality and security issues as fast as possible while generating very little noise. Null dereferences, undisposed resources, dead code, logic flow errors … are some examples of those quality issues. The analyzer is open-source, built on top of the Roslyn compiler framework and can run inside the IDE as well as on CI systems.
By joining our team, you will be part of an autonomous team without a manager. You will choose what to work on. Within our team, you will be supported by great colleagues who are always willing to discuss difficult technical problems. You will be able to grow your skills and focus on what matters.
On a daily basis, you will
- Develop new and maintain existing features for the code analyzers for C# and VB.NET
- Evolve the way our analyzers understand code by creating ever better models and develop new rules on top of them
- Contribute to code quality of the hundreds of thousands of developers around the world
- Contribute to open source: develop open source products and contribute back to libraries used by your products
- Define the team’s short and long term goals
- Be in a team where continuous integration is not just a buzzword and which really cares to provide the best user experience
The skills you will demonstrate
- Ability to develop in C# with clean code
- Good understanding of the .NET Framework and the .NET platform
- Excellent engineering skills and good Computer Science fundamentals
- Fluency in source code quality: tests (unit and functional), CI/CD
- Curious and eager to learn, with a positive attitude
- Comfortable in dealing with change and complexity
- Bold and self-confident to challenge the status quo as well as be challenged
- Wanting to face challenging tasks and to have fun resolving them
- Compiler frontend knowledge is not required; you will learn it while working at SonarSource
No recruitment agencies please