Quant & Analytics intern - Financial Services Risk Management - Financial Services Advisory
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Visit us at http://www.ey.com/CH/en/Careers
As the only one of the Big 4 with a specialist cross-border practice dedicated to the Financial Services sector, we offer our clients seamless, consistent and high-quality service around the globe.
Our Advisory business offers a broad range of functional and cross-country services dedicated to providing high-value and trusted advice to clients, with a specific focus on business transformation programs in the Financial Services industry.
Our Financial Services Risk Management (FSRM) team has many specialists advising leading banks, wealth & asset managers as well as commodity trading firms in the area of quantitative risk management and analytics. We are looking for a team-oriented, motivated and committed intern to further strengthen our practice within the FSO Advisory FSRM team in Geneva.
Tasks that you promote
Within your role as an Intern, you will:
Join us if...
- Support our Advisory engagements with leading financial and trading institutions in the area of financial risk management, such as:
- review and development of quantitative models for measuring various risks (market risk, credit risk, operational and fraud-related risks)
- valuation of financial products and contracts / physical assets, and
- applying innovative techniques such as advanced analytics (AI/ML), robotics process automation and blockchain.
- Support our financial and regulatory audit teams in the following areas:
- valuation of financial products and contracts / physical assets,
- validation of all kinds of risk-related models,
- analysis of the risk management function and risk appetite of our clients, and
- assessment of adherence to market, credit, liquidity and operational risk regulatory requirements.
- You will be supported by a "counselor" who will guide you throughout your internship.
More opportunities for your development
- You have recently graduated or are currently finishing a master's degree in a quantitative or financial field (finance, financial engineering, actuarial science, applied mathematics, or statistics) at a leading University.
- You can demonstrate a marked interest in financial risk management that you have ideally developed and applied through internships.
- You have some programming experience with languages such as (but not limited to) Python, R, C# or VBA.
- You are curious about innovation (such as AI/ML, robotics and blockchain) and applying new and classical quantitative techniques to solve risk management problems,
- You speak excellent French and English, with Italian or German as a plus.
- You are open minded, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to demonstrate initiative and a flexible working style within a multi-national team.
Do you have challenging plans? Stick to them and realize your goals with us! Design your career with EY
in a culture that promotes diversity and education. In an environment that constantly opens new doors through knowledge sharing, flexibility and recognition. We offer you to join our highly motivated team of advisory professionals. You will be working and learning in a highly dynamic and cross-functional team - being able to boost your learning curve through the combination of intensive team work, challenging client projects and being part of the network of one of the world's leading professional services firms. Barthélémy Balaÿ is looking forward to receiving your application
Take the next step and apply for this position online. For further information please contact our recruitment team (Recruitment.firstname.lastname@example.org / +41 58 286 33 66).
Only direct applications are considered.