Glenmark Pharmaceuticals (www.glenmarkpharma.com) is a research-led, global, fully integrated pharmaceutical company. The group is present in more than 40 countries including the USA and Europe. Our Swiss operation encompasses the Company’s Biological Research and Development Centers located at the Biopôle campus in Lausanne and in the region of Neuchâtel and focuses on the discovery and development of novel biological entities comprising monoclonal antibodies and proprietary bispecific format. We provide an attractive, international and multicultural research environment with career opportunities for scientists engaged in applied biomedical sciences. We are a rapidly growing company with an attractive and competitive early research and development portfolio in the areas of immuno-oncology, respiratory and dermatology research.
Research Officer Cell culture medium development
In this position you will join a dynamic and interdisciplinary team within the process development team that develops cell culture media for CHO cell lines expressing antibodies. Your role will be to support the development and the manufacturability assessment of cell culture media suitable for manufacturing of recombinant antibodies in CHO cell lines developed at Glenmark. The role is based in La Chaux-de-Fonds.
- Design and perform medium optimization experiments to improve the productivity of CHO cell lines expressing antibodies.
- Support the cell culture medium manufacturability assessment at lab and pilot scale.
- Use statistical tools for experiment design (DoE) and data analysis (JMP software).
- Provide support to manufacturing teams as technical expert of the manufacturing process (both internal and external).
- Participate in the improvement of the cell culture medium development platform.
- Actively maintain knowledge and exposure to current state-of the-art developments in the industry (e.g. CHO cell culture medium/upstream process/cellular metabolism).
- Perform data analysis and documentation.
- Perform other relevant duties as required.
- Master’s degree in cell biology, biotechnology or related discipline.
- Hands-on experience in cell culture and if possible in cell medium preparation or process optimization
- 2-3 years of relevant laboratory experience in an industrial environment
- Good knowledge and strong interest in cellular biology and metabolism
- Familiar with statistical tools for data analysis
- Scientific curiosity, problem solving abilities, capacity to plan experiments and analyze results
- Self-motivated and highly organized individual who enjoys teamwork
- Able to work with flexibility in a changing and demanding research environment
- Fluency in business-level English, both written and verbal