Financial Markets Dealer
Metalor Technologies SA
Route des Perveuils 8, CH-2074 Marin-Epagnier Tél. +41 (0)32 720 61 11
Metalor is a Swiss-based leading precious metal company that was created 162 years ago. With
subsidiaries in 17 countries and more than 1550 employees, the Metalor Group has 3 business
units, each corresponding to a group of specific markets: Refining, Electrotechnics and Advanced Coatings.
Based at our sites in Marin, we are currently looking for a:
European Treasurer Assistant (100%)
Reporting to the European Treasurer this position is an opportunity to enter in the treasury of a precious metals commodity group. The overall objective of the incumbent as part of the Swiss Front Office Treasury team is to execute and manage the daily precious metal hedging activities as required by external and internal customers in line with the Group's risk management policies. The incumbent will also be responsible for calculating, forecasting and managing the daily cash and metal positions. Incumbent will be expected to deliver efficient and high-quality customer service to both external and internal stakeholders.
- Maintaining a fully hedged book on all metals. This includes, but is not limited to: Purchasing and selling metals, booking the transactions in SAP and working with Accounting & Finance Team members to ensure accuracy.
- Allocating physical metal. This includes, but is not limited to working with Bullion personnel to plan the fabrication of appropriate products in the proper timeframe, managing inventory, etc.
- Providing metals to all divisions as needed. This includes, but is not limited to understanding the purchase orders in order to provide the correct amount of metal
- Leasing metals while keeping exposure to a minimum.
- Execution of foreign exchange transactions when necessary.
- Managing cash flow, including working with division Customer Service departments to determine the proper cash needs
- Daily auditing, maintenance, and correction of errors
- Daily and monthly reporting to the Group. This includes but is not limited to daily cash and metal forecasting, cash and metal financing requirements, trades executed on behalf of other Metalor entities, etc.
- Effectively utilizing the Group's ERP system, software programs, internet applications, and databases required to complete workload requirements.
- Providing courteous customer service and effective communication with clients, company representatives and Metalor associates.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or related is essential
- Understanding of financial markets
- A minimum of 2 years of treasury, banking front office or financial controllers
- Effective verbal and written English and French communication skills
- Strong math skills
- Working knowledge of SAP is preferable
- Very strong inter-personal skills, with the ability to work in a matrix organization (locally and globally)
- The ability to work independently
- Strong customer service skills and demonstrated ability to interact effectively across all levels of an organization including senior level management
- The willingness and the ability to work long hours when market conditions dictate
- Ability to travel 2 to 4 times per year
Performance, Innovation, Trust, Respect and Ethics are our core values. We encourage our employees and provide them with the tools and training that enable them to develop and evolve successfully in an international Group. We offer equal opportunity, a healthy, safe and secure working environment and competitive compensation and benefits.
We are looking forward to receiving your application (covering letter, CV, educational and work certificates
etc.) through www.jobup.ch