Founded in 1904, the Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme (FIM) is an independent association with over 110 National Federations throughout the world. Recognised as the sole competent authority in motorcycle sport by the International Olympic Committee (IOC), the FIM is the worldwide governing body for motorcycle sport and the global advocate for motorcycling. Owner of some 50 World Championships (e.g., MotoGP) organised every year, the FIM works for the benefit of the sport and all its stakeholders.
For its Administration in Mies, the FIM is looking for a Translator/Editor who will provide linguistic and editorial support for all the FIM’s Departments.
Purpose of the job:
The role of the Translator/Editor is to help the FIM produce high-quality documents in English and French (e.g. minutes and correspondence, legal and administrative documents, and editorial content for communication platforms).
• Translating a wide range of documents from French into English and vice versa for all the Departments of the FIM Administration
• Editing and proofreading documents drafted in English
• Developing and updating the FIM’s glossaries
• Helping to define and develop the FIM’s house style
• Working with outside language-service providers where necessary
C OMMUNICATION AND MARKE TING
• Editing public communications in English for the FIM’s various communication platforms
• Editing and proofreading promotional and marketing copy as required
• Drafting minutes of meetings as required
• Editing and proofreading correspondance and other administrative documents
• Updating the FIM Statutes and other official documents for publication
PROFILE OF THE CANDIDATE - Competencies required
• Excellent drafting skills in both English and French, other languages an asset
• Translation skills (French to English and vice versa)
• Very good MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and advanced Internet user skills
• Familiarity with CAT (computer aided translation) tools and project management skills would be an asset.
• Ability to fit into a team and to work to tight deadlines
• Discretion and sense of confidentiality
• Proactivity, flexibility and autonomy
• English mother tongue essential, excellent French (ideally bilingual English-French), other languages an asset
• Bachelor’s, and preferably Master’s, degree in a relevant field (e.g. Modern Languages (French), English, Translation, Journalism or similar).
• Post-graduate qualification or proven track record in translation
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a similar position in an international environment such as an International Sports Federation.
• Available to travel and work on occasional week-ends
The FIM is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested? Please send us your complete job application (including motivation letter, CV, salary expectations and copies of your work references and diplomas) through the Job-Up platform exclusively.
Further information or questions may be sent directly by email to the Human Resources Manager at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
We would be delighted to receive your application.
Please note that CVs not corresponding to the above requirements will not be considered or receive a reply.