To accompany its growth and innovation strategy, the Bobst Group's Sheet-fed Business Unit R&D is looking for its future Head of Design Quality Assurance.
Head of Design Quality Assurance (multiple location possible)
In this role, the successful candidate will lead a team of mechanical, software and hardware test engineers to ensure new products, modifications and upgrades meet the quality requirements of our demanding customers. He or she shall provide guidance of design controls within the product development process to the engineering core teams. The manager will recommend and promote new testing methodologies and approaches required to complete reliability analyses of machine, component and functional designs. The manager will provide input for the development of manufacturing test and evaluation methods and process validation.
The role can be located in Mex, Lyon, Shanghai, Pune or Grenchen. Responsibilities:
- Support activities required to ensure design reliability. Work with key stakeholders to design, implement and maintain reliability requirements, test methods and design verification test plans, execution and reports
- Establish and oversee systems for the escalation, monitoring and communication of key quality issues
- Establish processes to ensure findings, risks, recommendations and outcomes are clearly documented and communicated and acted upon
- Facilitate the identification and deployment of resources to investigate and resolve issues in a timely and effective manner
- Contribute quality and compliance expertise and guidance to teams responsible for addressing specific issues
- Provide oversight and monitoring of all phases of design to ensure compliance. Support and lead FMEA/Risk Management processes and activities.
- Work with business process owners to devise appropriate metrics to improve products and processes
- Establish Design Quality Assurance metrics.
Trend, analyze, and report on data; develop recommendations based on data analysis
- Support post-launch activities, evaluating for completeness, effectiveness and proper identification of root cause
- Monitor the effectiveness of implemented actions and overall effectiveness of the system
- Establish and support best practices for problem solving, root cause analysis, and solution selection tools
- Provide subject matter expertise during internal and external quality system audits.
- Provide management with plans and status updates on assigned responsibilities and goals and escalate issues in a timely fashion
- Bachelor's degree in engineering
- Six-sigma Green Belt certification (Black Belt a plus)
- 10 years' experience in a similar role in an international industrial or machinery company
- Strong project management and organizational skills and experience
- Track record of successfully designing and deploying robust quality systems and processes
- Proven success in a position requiring highly effective communication, facilitation and negotiation skills
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams to resolve complex issues
- Fluent English (French and/or German a plus)
BOBST is one of the world's leading suppliers of equipment and services to packaging and label manufacturers in the folding carton, corrugated board and flexible materials industries. We are present in over 50 countries. With more than 125 years of success in the markets, BOBST is always at the forefront of new technology developments to best respond to its clients' needs. Our leading position is due in particular to our capacity for innovation, the quality of our products and services, our values and the quality of our highly qualified staff.
The production site of Mex, near Lausanne in Switzerland, is also the headquarters of the Bobst Group. It is the most important site, employing approx. 1500 passionate people.
It also trains each year roughly 200 apprentices. The site offers an idyllic work environment. In the countryside and close to major highways, it is also well served by public transport. It offers many amenities, such as a corporate restaurant, sports fields, a fitness and a nursery. The facilities have been recently renovated and represent a model for sustainable development.