The position covers various aspects of the business such as contract administration, shipping administration, reporting, cupping, reporting, and will allow the successful candidate to get a unique insight into the coffee trading world.
Coffee Trading Operator (m/w)
Our client is a leading coffee company, involved in all aspects of the coffee supply chain from seed to cup, absed in Geneva area.
- Contract administration: purchase contracts check, issue sales contracts, input and confirm price fixations, create shipping files and update contract database
- Shipping administration: ùonitor shipments and deliveries in close cooperation with suppliers and group factories, communicate with warehouses, tackle shipping advising and warehouse releases
- Coffee accounts: check supplier invoices, issue commercial invoices and debit/credit notes, coordinate with the accounting team and update AR/AP status of the files
- Certified coffee reporting: report on a monthly basis Rainforest certified coffee volume on the market place and management of audits with certification bodies
- Handling the green coffee cupping process: management of coffee samples, roasting and coffee preparation, reporting of cupping results
- Reporting of Risk Management, supplier performance review, market report
- Bachelor in Business Administration or similar, apprenticeship in a transport, shipping, logistic company or food industry, ideally with a couple years experience in logistics
- Fluent in English and in French. Any additional language is a plus.
- Financial ERP experience a plus
- MS Office (especially Excel) proficiency
- Customer focused
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail while keeping the ability to see the big picture
- Ability to multitask and stress resistant
- Willingness to learn and take responsibility
- Team player
The successful will be part of an international team and have the unique chance to get a foot hold in the international coffee business, dealing with suppliers, group roasters and operating companies.