In Addex we aspire to be the ‘world leader in allosteric modulators for human health’ and we are looking for a Senior/Principal Scientist to help us achieve it.
- Do you want to lead a team identifying and profiling small molecule allosteric modulators?
- Do you want to fill our pipeline with new therapeutic agents for diseases with limited existing solutions?
- Can you balance scientific creativity and rigor, working autonomously in a dynamic environment?
If you feel ready for these challenges, come and join our team
You will be responsible, within the Drug Discovery group, for implementing the pharmacological testing of small molecule allosteric modulators of G protein-coupled receptors or non-GPCR types of receptor. You will organise primary and/or secondary biological assays to profile hits and newly synthetised compounds, helping with the discovery of clinical candidates. You will play a central role in the support of project groups, both in-house and with our academic and industry partners. You will lead a group of research assistants/scientists with direct responsibility for their management, motivation and career development.
- You are a highly motivated and independent scientist with a proven track record in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry
- You have a Ph.D in Pharmacology/Cell-biology/Biochemistry or a related biological science with a minimum of three years industry experience. Having a background in Neurosciences would be a great advantage
- You have a broad experience with both biochemical (FRET or other fluorescent, luminescent technologies) and cell-based (second messenger, biosensors) technologies
- You have experience in high throughput screening technologies for membrane receptor (GPCR, single-pass transmembrane protein) or enzyme targets using 384-well plate assay systems and a range of fully automated screening robots and stand-alone bench-top workstations
- You have hands-on experience in data processing, in data reduction and analysis and solid expertise to interrogate, interpret and summarise large volumes of data within tight timelines
- You possess a solid knowledge in drug discovery and the process to deliver clinical candidates
- You should possess a can-do attitude and good problem solving, communication, and organizational skills
- A strong practical and/or theoretical experience in GPCR (allosteric modulation) drug interactions would be a strong advantage
- You can demonstrate your skills in leading, motivating and inspiring your team of scientists
- Swiss or eligible for Swiss work permit
Addex Pharma S.A. provides an exciting environment and a challenging place to work where you can directly see your contribution make a difference. We offer an attractive remuneration package based on experience.
Interested candidates should send their CV, references and a cover letter (preferably in English) to:
email@example.com or by mail to:
Addex Pharma SA
Chemin des Mines 9