Admin. & Fundraising Officer (60%)
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : +41 (0)21 311 17 82
Wikimedia CH is a not-for-profit association, the Swiss chapter of the international Wikimedia Movement. It promotes free knowledge, in particular through the Wikipedia encyclopedia and other associated projects. As a grassroots organization, it currently employs eight people (not full-time) and works with a community of members and volunteers. In order to fill a vacancy from July 2019 onwards, we are currently recruiting a:
Admin. & Fundraising Officer (60%)
- Overall responsibility for the Member Management (incl. process optimisation)
- Overall responsibility for the organisation and logistics of the annual general assembly (incl. the wiki management)
- Support with the organisation, logistics and booking of meeting rooms, rentals as needed etc.
- Reporting and Minute writing (Meetings, General Assembly etc.)
- Responsible for several email ticketing channels and correspondence with the wider public
- Support with drafting and proof-reading of internal reports and communications
- Overall responsibility for maintaining the inventory
- Autonomously researching new funding opportunities, drafting and submitting grant proposals, follow-up as needed
- Supporting the various fundraising campaigns
- Management of related data bases and CRM maintenance
- Drafting supporting documents such as letters, texts, case studies
- Corresponding with donors through diverse channels
- Supporting the provision of collaterals, i.e. drafting texts, managing external providers (graphic designers, translators, printers etc.)
Mandatory Job-related skills/competencies:
- Fluent in (Swiss) German (at least C1), English (at least C1) and French (at least C1); nice to have: Italian (B1/B2)
- Availability for regular travel within Switzerland
- Strong writing skills in the relevant languages (clarity, focussed, expression, resultsoriented)
- Strong experience (3 years minimum) in administration, organization & events management
- Strong desk-top research capacities
- Fundraising/campaigning experience is an advantage, particularly grant-writing.
- Multicultural and virtual experience (knowledge of the NGO sector is an advantage)
- Knowledge of standard communication and Office tools and measures (online and offline)
- Proven experience in planning and executing
- Knowledge of CRM management (Salesforce would be an advantage)
- Strong intercultural competence and a "can do" attitude
- Self-starter with an excellent capacity to organise him/herself
- Goal/results oriented
- A "thick skin" and effective conflict management skills
- The capacity to work effectively in a virtual team, excellent communication skills
- Willing to take on responsibility and to work on flexible schedules
- Flexibility and willingness to learn and to evolve
- Strong online collaboration skills
- Good understanding of technology (IT, wiki, CRM)
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Excellent relation management and building skills
- An understanding of free knowledge with a strong commitment to this value
- 15 th of July 2019 or later with some availability in June to ensure handover
- General availability on Monday mornings for staff calls
- We offer a position in a modern not-for-profit setting, inside a high-profile association
with interesting and varied tasks and the possibility of development. Being a virtual
organisation without a physical office, the candidate will be home-based, frequently travelling across Switzerland. Any location in Switzerland would be possible.
- Starting salary competitive with early career NGO standards.
- The contract is initially starting with a 60% with a possibility to extension, depending on funding
- The contract is initially limited to one year with a possibility of extension.
- The position is initially directly responsible to the CEO, but will include collaboration with other Managers, stakeholders and functions
Closing date for applications is set to June 2, 2019 and applications should be addressed electronically to email@example.com including your CV and a cover letter. No need to attach certificates or to indicate references at this point!
Please only apply if you write/speak the required languages at least at C1 level!