Master Scheduler and Planner
Mercury Mission Systems International SA (MMSI), Geneva, is specialized in the design, manufacturing and maintenance of complex high-performance safety and mission critical avionics and defense computers. We are part of Mercury Systems Inc., a US based company.
To complement our Operations department, we are looking for a:
Master Scheduler and Planner
- Translate projected forecasts, incoming volume, and work scopes into a production plan with a time-phased build schedule.
- Work with customer base to determine weekly inbound forecast and develop consumption models to improve accuracy.
- Establish key performance indicators of forecast and Inventory accuracy.
- Schedule demand based on the product mix and provide accurate commitment dates
- Assemble master schedule reporting regarding performance to the business plan, the shipment plan, the inventory plan, and the production plan.
- Provide input to finance on operating plans for the sales and operations planning
(S&OP) process, concerning incoming volume and capacity
- Identify current planned level of demand and create tactical production plans to meet the identified customer demand. Calculate production lead times.
- Manage load leveling with NPI and production and bottleneck scheduling and utilize theory of constraints (TOC) for more accurate scheduling.
- Analyze production floor status through input/output control reporting.
- Coordinate information with other functional staff, including customer service, engineering, accounting, and human resources.
- Establish reporting to determine labor and productivity performance statistics.
- Understand capacity management relationship to MRP.
- Establish, measure, monitor, and adjust capacity levels to execute all manufacturing schedules.
- Determine available capacity before planned orders are released.
- Engage in capacity management during sales and operations planning, master scheduling, materials
- Strategic thinker, strong analytical skills, able to synthesize considerable and complex data.
- Be capable of utilizing spreadsheet and ERP-type software in managing the planning process.
- 5-7 years' experience in scheduling position with extensive demonstrated success of implementing & operationalizing master schedules.
- Accredited 4-year college degree in Business Administration, Manufacturing Engineering or other related degree program
- Solid, proven organizational, project management and leadership skills
- Change Agent - skill with enabling change, strong influencing abilities particularly with client groups and frontline teams.
- Exceptional interpersonal/written communication skills; can effectively interact with all levels of management
- Strong PC skills (Database, Excel, PowerPoint and MSWord)
- Team player able to work well across business operations and develop strong business teams.
- Demonstrated ability to influence teams and programs regarding quality, productivity and/or customer service.
- Ability to work on multiple projects with limited direction. Clearly has growth potential beyond the role
- Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) or APICS Certified Supply chain
Professional (CSCP) a plus.
- Lean or Green Belt Six Sigma certification a plus.
DETAILS OF THE MISSION
Beginning of the activity
We offer you the opportunity to join a highly qualified and motivated team and the possibility to work in an international environment.
If you are interested in this position, we kindly ask you to send your detailed application via Jobup ONLY. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, thank you in advance for your understanding.