At Leclanché, we have talented people who are willing to roll up their sleeves and contribute to the success of our Company. Passion for their work, initiative and adaptability, impact and influence, innovation and decisiveness are the key attributes we are looking for. Our world leading in-house technologies, based on lithium-ion cells, and ownership of the full value chain from electrochemistry to energy management software, make us unique and a partner of choice for customers who require smarter and faster energy storage solutions for grid and microgrids, fleets and electric commercial vehicles, marine vessels and robotics applications. In order to reinforce our Engineering team for our e-Transport Business Unit located in Yverdonles-Bains, we are looking for a
Mechanical Engineer - e-Transport
Role & Responsibilities:
- Engages in product development, including concept, design, prototyping, tests, supplier interfacing, creating technical documentation and introduction to production.
- Is accountable for specifications, 3D CAD, 2D drawings, dimensional analysis, mechanical analysis, test plans, test reports and metrology approval. Revises and alters detailed and layout drawings to conform to engineering changes.
- Prepares and manages engineering change requests, engineering change notices, bills of material and engineering specifications.
- Provides pricing of custom solutions to the sales support in order to prepare the quotes
- Prioritises projects and works together with the Project Manager.
- Works closely with the product development team and procurement for third party products
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor/master degree or equivalent in mechanical engineering with minimum 3 years of experience in a similar position
- Strong experience in CAD design.
- Understanding of electrical, electronic and software constraints in mechanical systems.
- Knowledge of CE, ECE, automotive, functional safety standards and design for a high volume production is an adventage.
- Sense of ownership in all aspects of a project.
- Listening to and understanding of industry challenges and requirements.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Strong safety and security mindset and attitude.
- Pragmatic and solutions driven, focused on result.
- Flexibility and adaptability to change.
- Ability to work in a multicultural - multinational environment.
- Strong documentation and writing skills.
- Capable of handling multiple simultaneous projects.
Good command of English and French (spoken and written).
If you hold a valid work permit, please apply and send your full application only in English by clicking the "Apply now" button.
Avenue des Sports 42 - Case postale - CH-1400 Yverdon-les-Bains - Suisse +41 24 424 65 00 - www.leclanche.com