Receiving Clerk - Permanent contract - Glion, Switzerland
Founded in 1962, Glion Institute of Higher Education, a brand of the Sommet Education group, is a private Swiss institution offering bachelor's and master's degrees in hospitality, luxury and event management to an international student body across three campuses in Glion and Bulle, Switzerland, and London, UK.
Our 5 values resonate in you: Development, Distinctiveness, Joint commitment, Openness and Sense of service. You are enthusiastic and you want to be at the vanguard of hospitality and experience education.
- Assist the F&B department in its efforts to manage the purchase of all the goods and equipment required
- Manage the main store, purchase main store item with efficiency and work with internal customers to ensure smooth lines of communication so that all requirements are met effectively in quality, quantity and time
- Prepare orders in line with business requirements and work closely with the department heads to ensure effective stock control
- Perform all activities regarding purchase of Food & Beverage and Non-Food respecting procedures and deadlines
- Coordinate deliveries and follow up with suppliers and make inquiries when requested
- Verifies purchase requisitions by comparing items requested to master list; clarifying unclear items; recommending alternatives
- Follow up on any order issues and check delivered items according to purchase order and resolve inconsistencies directly with suppliers and inform concerned departments in due time to ensure operations
- Ensure that all perishable items are used by the expiration date and perform month-end inventory stock taking and reports deviation
- Generate monthly reports and keep track and collect inventory data of all concerned departments (F&B, Housekeeping, Office supplies)
Profile and experiences:
- CFC in Logistics, Supply Chain, Purchasing or equivalent
- Supply chain or Purchasing diploma and education
- At least 3 years' experience in procurement or logistics, in a hotel or school would be an asset
- Previous sales, F&B or finance and administration experiences might be a plus
- Computer literate, specifically purchasing and finance software: EGS (F&B Control) Delegate, Dynamics 365
- Fluent in French and English (written and spoken). Basic German skills is a plus
Show us that you are a rigorous, structured and attentive to the details person with good communication and negotiation skills. Your basic knowledge of health, safety and hygiene standards will set you apart among the other candidates. If you also are a motivated and team-oriented person, please don't hesitate and apply directly online.