BOBST is one of the world's leading suppliers of equipment and services to packaging and label manufacturers. We have a presence in more than 50 countries, run 12 production facilities in 8 countries and employ over 5 000 people.
In the BOBST Business Unit Services (BU-S) we are passionate about delivering world-class services for world-class machines. We want to be perceived as the benchmark in our industry. The BU-S employs over 1 500 people to propose everything professionals need to maintain optimum production levels, expand their equipment's capacity and increase their technological and industrial expertise.
The Global Production Expert is part of the IoT Services team belonging to the Marketing department of the BU-S. The IoT Services team is developing a new portfolio of IoT Services for helping our customers to monitor and improve the productivity of their BOBST machines within their production shop-floors.
The role is in charge of prospecting, understanding and describing customer production processes for feeding the Product Managers with relevant needs and enabling development of new IoT Services. He is the "voice of the customer" for all topics related to customer production.
The job holder masters the production workflow, the monitoring of the production processes, the management of the machine maintenance and quality, and the interaction between customer information systems and shop-floor employees.
Global Production Expert
Main Responsibilities & Key Tasks
As an expert of production processes
, you have the knowledge of the customer needs related to the production workflow and shop-floor's information systems. You are the guardian of the match between the BOBST IoT Services and the customers' shop-floor operations for the corrugated board, folding carton, flexible packaging and labelling industries. Appointed as the referent of the customers' shop-floor workflow
, you make sure the evolution of the IoT Services portfolio is constantly compatible with customer production needs. You master the production processes and identify the needs in terms of computerized solutions easing and accelerating the exchange of information within the shop-floor. You master the methodologies used in the manufacturing industry to improve the productivity (e.g. OEE, TPM, TQM, Lean Six Sigma and SPC). Customers' integration specialist
, you are keeping up-to-date with technology watch of customer information systems such as ERP and MES (or any other manufacturing system). Based on this knowledge you will be able to predict the market trends and the customers' requirements. Critical Skills & Personal Attributes
- Flexible and self-motivated, you have a professional and positive approach to accomplishment of tasks and problem solving.
- You have a strong team spirit, a willingness to share information and a capacity to continuously challenge your environment in a constructive way. Creative and visionary, you bring relevant and applicable improvement ideas.
- Good presenter, capable of popularizing and convincing partners, stake holders and colleagues, orally, visually and in writing.
- Ability to quickly learn and master new technologies and methodologies.
- Recognized project management skills with a capacity to manage the unexpected while keeping the deadlines.
- Availability to travel up to 30%, mainly in Europe.
- Bilingual French/English.
Education & Experience
- At least 5 years of experiences from manufacturing and production the following methodologies: OEE, TPM, TQM and Lean Six Sigma.
- At least 5 years of experiences with Manufacturing Execution System (MES).
- Excellent knowledge in MS Office tools.
- Good knowledge in IT and IoT technologies.
- Knowledge of machine connectivity and industrial machine automation.
- Experience from the packaging industry is a plus.
BOBST is one of the world's leading suppliers of equipment and services to packaging and label manufacturers in the folding carton, corrugated board and flexible materials industries. We are present in over 50 countries. With more than 125 years of success in the markets, BOBST is always at the forefront of new technology developments to best respond to its clients' needs. Our leading position is due in particular to our capacity for innovation, the quality of our products and services, our values and the quality of our highly qualified staff.
The production site of Mex, near Lausanne in Switzerland, is also the headquarters of the Bobst Group. It is the most important site, employing approx. 1500 passionate people.
It also trains each year roughly 200 apprentices. The site offers an idyllic work environment. In the countryside and close to major highways, it is also well served by public transport. It offers many amenities, such as a corporate restaurant, sports fields, a fitness and a nursery. The facilities have been recently renovated and represent a model for sustainable development.